Please take a look at my scanmaster numbers.....

Pats-GN

I'm chasing a warm temp stalling problem, can someone take a look at my scanmaster numbers at idle and see if anything stands out:

FP line on 38psi
AF 05
LB 40
Bat 13.1-13.6 fluctuates
Int 128
BL 128
Clt 173
ATS 120
rpm 700
Tps 42
iac 12
Nal 23

not sure what the code 23 is but i'm not getting a light, this is with the engine fully warm and a thrasher 92.

thanks

First I'll assume it was hot out since your ATS is high at 120F.

MAL 23, oddly enough, is Air temp sensor low. Your TPS is a bit low for idle. Should be around .46 at idle with the engine running and about 0.44 with the key on but engine off.

Is the fuel pressure with the line off what Thrasher recommends?

If you didn't already know, you can clear the MAL code by disconnecting the ECM with the orange wire connector behind the battery. This will also clear any chip programmable features if the Thrasher has this feature????

Thanks, it was hot today around 90, I let the car idle in the heat trying to simulate the problem. The ats was actually around 137 then dropped to 120. FP with line off is 45psi.

not sure but seems as if your alt is not charging correctly which would cause the stalling and high temp

stickybones said:
First I'll assume it was hot out since your ATS is high at 120F.

MAL 23, oddly enough, is Air temp sensor low. Your TPS is a bit low for idle. Should be around .46 at idle with the engine running and about 0.44 with the key on but engine off.

Is the fuel pressure with the line off what Thrasher recommends?

If you didn't already know, you can clear the MAL code by disconnecting the ECM with the orange wire connector behind the battery. This will also clear any chip programmable features if the Thrasher has this feature????

Sorry to disagree, but his idle tps is PERFECT. The one thing you DONT want is .46, that's too close to crossing over the high idle threshold. .42 is perfect and .44 is good.

So how should you set the TPS...with the key on but the engine not running or with the engine at idle? My TPS jumps about 0.02 between the two. I set mine for 0.44 with the key on engine not running.

stickybones said:
So how should you set the TPS...with the key on but the engine not running or with the engine at idle? My TPS jumps about 0.02 between the two. I set mine for 0.44 with the key on engine not running.

You can set it with the key on, engine off, just have to remember there's going to be a .02 voltage difference. That's the reason I always recommend setting it for .40, key on, engine off or .42 engine running (if one must). Much safer doing these tweaks with the engine off.