please help

newhotair

first of all happy new year and now for the bad part i have a 1984 gn converted to intercooled last nite i hit the gas hard and the car blog and made a loud popping noise it sound like its coming from the intercooler and the the car will put up speed if ease into it but if i try to just hit it its like the thottle will not respond and one more thing alky is not working i hit the test buttom both light come on but when drive will not activate::confused:

The Alky problem may be as simple as the vacuum line leaking or broken from the 3 bar MAP sensor. The popping may be trickier to find. Some of the possible causes are a bad MAF sensor, bad coil pak/module, and bad spark plug wires. Check these first. Keep us posted. Brad

I had that same problem when I first converted and found that the IAC was not set according to Eric's ( Turbo Tweak) recoemendation. It would sputter and pop if I layed into it . If I eased into it it did fine... you may want to check that . I had to get a scan master to dial everything in and adjust air /fuel ratio

Yes I am good now it was very frustrating to find out ,, I could drive the car normal without any issues but once attempted to accelerate fast it would studder ( felt like it wasnt getting enough fuel) and at times pop ( backfire) ......I was chasing the wind until I was able to check off my readings on the scanmaster asap

Did you get another chip when you converted to IC?

Attachments

• Tunning Info.pdf
    24.9 KB · Views: 503
  • turbotweakinstructions56.pdf
    69.9 KB · Views: 89
I have no clue what chip is in it I just got the car like two weeks ago n well I didn't notice this problem since u kinda just been driving it around normal until the other day when I was on highway n there wasn't traffic

Newtohotair

Did you convert car to IC after purchasing the car? or was it already done?

Do you know if it has the 86/87 ECM in the car or Hotair ECM?

Yes I am good now it was very frustrating to find out ,, I could drive the car normal without any issues but once attempted to accelerate fast it would studder ( felt like it wasnt getting enough fuel) and at times pop ( backfire) ......I was chasing the wind until I was able to check off my readings on the scanmaster asap

Did you get another chip when you converted to IC?
DMAC
Glad to see you got her straight... Night and day difference, right? I hope to join the fun by Spring with a few wrinkles.... I hope to have my car up in BG next to Mark's next year:)

DMAC
Glad to see you got her straight... Night and day difference, right? I hope to join the fun by Spring with a few wrinkles.... I hope to have my car up in BG next to Mark's next year:)

Yes the car pulls like a freight train now . I am up to 28lbs of boost on E85 with no knock still !!

Now I just need a good radar detector !

That is good news the ecu and been upgraded, I would recommend you get a scanmaster , My car only did that when I floored it which sounds like your issue.

Yes it does only happen when I floor it.... What ended up being ur actual problem though??.... As for the scanmaster I'm planning on getting one ASAP

On my car the TPS was not set to the recommended .42 Once I reset that it was like driving a different car print off the two attachements that I uploaded into the thread and follow those to make sure your TPS is set correctly . It is hard to beleive that something simple at times can cause so much issue

Thanks i will download them n check them out for sure but the thing is i had my tps set at the 42 by another forum member here but it still does it

I am assuming the fuel pump is hot wired yes?

After I adjusted the TPS I then adjusted the Fuel/air ratio using the spec sheet from turbo tweak But will you will need a scan master to make those adjustments

it is .....ah so im guessing i will probably need to do the same thing....thnks for all the info so far man

Not sure but having a scanmaster will tell you alot about what your car is doing ,