PLEASE HELP!!!! very disappointing day at the track

just curious about what kind of scan tool #'s I should be looking at with this combo. I somehow doubt it would be the same as a stock setup. BTW ET streets are on the way next week. It's just the MPH that really broke my heart. Im getting a .63 housing to replace the .82 ive got on my turbo now, im also going to get a JayC chip that should help some getting a chip programed specifically for my combo. other than that all i can think about is maybe the stock valve springs have had it, ,,maybe its time to go to a double roller timing chain and get some LT1 valve springs.

Thanks,

If you are running one of Red's 106 chips..... my car ran like crap with that chip until I got the boost into the proper range... for my car 27PSI was where the sputtering at high RPM's went away. You have some really nice go fast parts but the new parts will be limited in their effectiveness until you change a few other things.

1st thing being tires... I couldn't even run 215 radials in stock config so I have no idea how you expect to with all this stuff.

2nd thing stock heads.. You are trying to flow a lot more air through stock heads. You don't say how old the heads are so you may have weak valve springs as well which is hurting you too..

3rd. Downpipe. When you shove more air in, you have to have a way to get it out just as efficiently.

As far as scan tools I don't think anything gives you more info or a better idea of your current state of tune than direct scan. Your not running slower because you spent money on better parts, your running slower because your combo is further out of tune. (I say further cause I would think you would be able to run 12's with stock turbo and 009's and a properly tuned car)

Sully

Sully, the reason your car ran like crap with Red's 106 chip is because that is a low timing chip that is setup for high boost...... to give you an idea there are a couple of guys down here that run Red's 106 chip and are running mid to low 10's, but both of them have the boost set @ anywhere from 30-40 psi:eek: If he is using Red's 106 chip with only 18lbs of boost this would definately be one reasons why his car is so slow! If your going to run lower boost like 20-27 psi you are much better off with Red's 107 or 108 chips from what I've seen cause the timing is higher (around 24-28 deg of timing)......

You should do some tuning on the street before you go to the track. Last time I went to the track (second time with this combo) my first run of the night was 13.5@104. I was running 12.7 with the stock combo. By the end of the night I had it down to 12.1 @ 115mph with a sick 2.1 60'.

Another good thing about Direct Scan, is that after you plug in your tire size and gear ratio, it calculates the 1/4 mile for you. This way, not only do you get sensor data, but you can also see if it improved via the 1/4 mile times that DS generates. It is pretty accurate too.