Please Help Me! New Head Unit and Power Antenna

mmarlett

I cannot get the power antenna to activate on my new head unit install, Kenwood KDC 255U.

I am sure it is something simple that I am missing. Attached are two photos. One shows the wiring harness adapter. Please confirm that the orange/white, tan, blue/white and orange do not get connected to anything.

The second photo shows the wiring diagram per the Kenwood manual that came with the unit. What am I missing?

I know the problem is with the install or the new unit since I did re-install the factory unit, powered it up and the antenna worked great.

After all my searches on this forum, it clearly states that the blue wires from the unit and harness connect to the pink wire going into the dashboard. I checked all the connections and everything seems fine. All other aspects of the unit seem to function properly.

I can be reached through this thread, at mmarlett@conleynet.com or by cell at 262-305-0509.

Please help and Thanks!

Matt

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 191
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 737
Thanks to Moderator Gary!

One quick change of one wire...changed head unit blue wire to blue wire on harness to blue/white (power control) wire on head unit to blue wire on harness.

Thanks for savings me a lot of further headaches!

Regards,
Matt

Great! Glad to help...i can tell you from experience, you can get your eyes crossed quick...

Great! Glad to help...i can tell you from experience, you can get your eyes crossed quick...

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for hooking up the stock radio head unit to the power antenna?

Also, where is a good place to get a replacement complete power antenna as mine is shot.