Please help..Full of Questions Today

Kristi

Never Enough Buicks!
Okay here we go....

1. Can lowering your boost at the wastegate effect how fast you can build boost at the line? I went to the track on Friday, with the boost set VERY conservatively to tune. I tried to build boost at the line and it wouldn't. I sat there for a while after the light turned green, but I could only get it to about 2 lbs. Boost was fine under WOT.

2. Can a fouled O2 sensor cause this? I triggered a code 13 not one hundred feet out of the track on my way home from using race gas.

3. Can a fouled O2 sensor cause knock retard? While driving home (not in traffic, but it was very hot, still had the fouled O2 sensor in until the new one arrives, 93 octane) I leaned on the car a little bit to merge into traffic. I barely registered 0 on the boost gauge, and I had 3 degrees of knock retard. The car was fine on my ride in to work.

I truly appreciate any and all opinions, suggestions, ideas, etc.

Kristi

1. Yes. at low boost your car can be way too rich. Way too rich means slow spool or even no spool.

2. A fouled O2 Sensor car add to the richness, adding to the bad spool.

3. Was probably false knock, but could be real, transitional knock. Probably not caused by the O2 sensor.

Plus the shorter the WG rod the faster the boost comes on in regards to TPS. So at 13psi max it takes more gas to build boost.

Usually with a fouled o2 sensor the car will run like it's way too rich (try stahling at intersections and such) cause your air to fuel mixture is wacked. The best thing to do is change it as soon as possible. This will cause your service engine soon light to trip as well. O2 are important to the gas consumed as well, you may have noticed your car is drinking it rather quickly as well. Ram chargers sales these and has excellent delivery time. Even if you have to buy a bosch, until an ac delco comes in it's worth the gas you will save.