Please guys give me a full education about the Buick Regal Limiteds

83BLACKHAWK

back to GM once again
my Vin # on the Regal I just bought a month ago comes up as a 1983 Buick Regal Limited, is this car rare. the orginal color was silver or grey with maroon interior, it has no power windows or door locks, bench seats front and back.

I started out as a GM man when I was 16, but when I was 20 I got screwed over on a deal with a Trans-Am and it just kept breaking down left and right, so I went to Ford, Mustang that is. I had my Mustang for seven years.(just sold it) but I am now 27 now, married with two kids and a third soon to be on the way, so since I was like 8years old I have had a deep love for Buick Grand Nationals and the GNX, so I bought this car. Its great i found this site, you guys seem to to very helpful to the newbies like me.

Thanks

There is not really much to say about them. It is a higher trim level Regal. As for the 83, it would either have a 231NA six, rated at about 120 HP, or either a 307 Olds or a 305 Chevy, both rated about 140 HP.

My daily driver 7 years back was a '81 Limited. It had the Pontiac 265 V8, rated at 125 HP, and a REAL tall axle ratio. It was a SLUG, like 0-60 in 14 seconds kind of slug. Depending on the wind, on a long downgrade, and full throttle for a minute or more, it could reach just over 100. On level ground, 95 was the absolute top. But, it was a solid car that kept on running and running despite much abuse.

victa1 said:
There is not really much to say about them. It is a higher trim level Regal. As for the 83, it would either have a 231NA six, rated at about 120 HP, or either a 307 Olds or a 305 Chevy, both rated about 140 HP.

You could not get a gas V-8 in an 83 Regal. The only V-8 was the diesel and the Canadians could have ordered a non-computer'd 305 SBC. The Limited was a trim package. They made something like 100,000 Regals in that year so nothing is rare except the turbo'd T-Type. I hope you're not expecting a lot because replicas(not clones) aren't worth anything either. Just my opinion.

Watch out for them posuers in the "boxes" and "hoppers". Because of them the Regal and the Cutlass are now the most stolen cars that are older than 10 YO according to the largest auto insurer. They surpased the Camaro a couple of months ago.