Please bring back the console risers.

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
I bought quite a few of these neat center console risers...armrest. Organize a bunch of group purchases. I have gotten back into Turbo Buicks but cant find one.... no one makes em anymore. I made one myself but I'm not a wood/upholstery guy. My right arm is needing something to rest on and is a good place to put a cup holder.

Kirban Performance Products and Poston Enterprises- to name a few- still carry these- HTH's :wink:

Cant access kirban and cant find it on postons only the console pilow. Only available in the GN color scheme. If you see it... please send me a link...thanks

Swap...

Make the switch... :)

This is a center console out of a 1998 GMC S-Series Jimmy Has two cup holders for big drinks... a firm shifter that doesn't break when you put it in drive and the perfect height arm rest with lots of room for stuff inside :)

Hope this helps,
Scott

Ps.. I also used the GMC Jimmy seats in this car but you don't have to.

Attachments

• 86T-Type int3.JPG
    86T-Type int3.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 321
This is what the seats look like done and console installed..

Attachments

• 86 T-Type.jpg
    86 T-Type.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 320
Another angle that show's the shifter better I took today.

Attachments

• T-Typeint4.JPG
    T-Typeint4.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 306
One thing that sucks in Hawaii is not being able to stroll though large salvage yards. The console looks black in the first pic and blue in the next. Did you dye them? Same thing with the seats....are they out of the same truck? Did the console need much modification? I like those mods. Brings the interior up to date.

The first picture is when I was fabricating everything to fit the Buick.

The rear of the console needs to be ground some to fit the higher hump (tunnel) The shifter base I welded to the floor then the shifter it's self is bolted to the base. The cable is very long but works on the 2004R with a little bracket fab work. I found that the PRNDL window is different than the buick.... The spacing is changed on the newer transmissions to have a longer gap between P Part and R reverse. My wife's mom does screen printing and is going to move the RNDL part closer to the P... I hope that makes sense :)

Anyhow, The center console is a dark char color stock and I painted the console the factory interior blue (base coat clear coat) with a "Mat" or dull clear with flex agent. I've had great success with painting interior parts that way with the right plastic adheasion promotor .. I even did the steering wheel.
The seats were done at JAX Seat covers.... They are the Jimmy seats with full power everything. Very comfortable... definatly gives the car a new feel~

I have alot more pic's of what I had to do...
If your interested e-mail me and I'll send them over.

I'm at the point where if you wanted measurments with pic's I could do that too....

Hope that that helps,
Scott~
UR50SLO@aol.com

Scott,
That's a sharp-looking interior. I've wanted to update/improve the console shifter in my car for a long time but haven't been satisfied with the aftermarket stuff.

I'm curious; Why did you decide on the GMC pieces? What other donor vehicles did you consider before settling with the console from the Jimmy?

Thanks.

Nick

Did JAX make the interior or did you send an interior to JAX to modify. My interior is blue so they dont make any aftermarket head rests for my car.

Ngianop,
The reasoning behind installing the GMC Jimmy interior is my wifes (old) 1998 Jimmy has that interior and she felt so comfortable driving the truck... and after doing some measureing .. along with luck it really fits excellent in the Buick body. Big drink holders and super comforable power seats...
I have long legs and when I put the power seat all the way back I have trouble hitting the gas. :) But she can go forward and still be sucking the steering wheel (being so short) ... so the seats are a definate fit.
The center console needs some fitting but it's well worth the work with the drink holders and positive detents, along with good lock outs. Perfect for the Stage Right trans brake that's installed in her car... Just slam it forward out of low 1 and it's in Overdrive.
So, in a nutshell.. we just happend to be driving a truck with the interior we were comfortable with and thought it'd be a good fit in the Buick... :)

Ryan,
I picked the grey color for the middle and the blue for the outside. They made the power6 on the headrest as I love that look... they do very excellent work. They did the rear seats to match (like GN) and a complete trunk kit... headliner,headrests... and carpeted the center console blue. I painted the rest of the parts base/clear with "mat" clear so it's dull. (like factory) but durable and flexable...
I'm going to paint it and re-assemble.. then she's going to be driving that one too.. Fun for her... :)
Hope that helps,
Scott...
I have more pictures if you guys need them.
e-mail me direct... UR50SLO@aol.com

Sure do.. here's a few more ouside

Here:

I know I need to finish the interior install.. I just finished painting the ouside..

The Typhoon sucked up alot of my extra time I'd planned on putting into this

car.. :frown:

But it's on the way together now :D
Scott~

Attachments

• Ttypeseatsoutside1.JPG
    Ttypeseatsoutside1.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 198
Outside front view...

Awaiting a lower air dam from Sam (new wrap around) see new parts section for pics and story. Avalible soon!!!!!

Hope this helps..

I've got more pictures if you need them,

UR50SLO@aol.com

Scott~

Attachments

• Ttypeousidefront.JPG
    Ttypeousidefront.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 182