Place to fix my headers?

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
So I'm torn between shelling out the $750 for new replacement headers vs. having mine reworked.

Thanks to e85 I know where mine leak as the leaks are highlighted white/gray. I've never had them off the car but I know my crossover doesn't seal all that well either and I have messed with it several times with minor luck. I'd love to have Vbands installed on my stock crossover connections, but I have no idea if that's a pipe dream.

So is there anyone I can send mine off to that's worked on these headers before, or should I just bite the bullet and pay up?

With many miles and heat cycles, the stock headers fatigue and crystalize so if they are repaired, they may or may not hold up for a while?

My guess to have them welded by a professional would be about $150?

Installing V-bands is expensive and not worth doing on stock headers.

I have had good sucess welding/repairing headers. I have an old head that I bolt the headers to so that the flanges stay true then I stop drill the ends of the cracks and weld them up. I do add a gusset to the driver side headers where they always seem to crack. I bought a 150k miles T Type a few years ago and the headers leaked like crazy. I welded/gusseted up the headers and bascially a stock rebuild with Champions irons and went 10.40-10.50's for 3 years with no more header issues.