PL install questions and LC-1 Q

WS6

Sock Monkey racing
So I'm installing the power logger as part of the winter's upgrade and I have some questions.

The I/O board;
I'd like to log fuel pressure with my autometer transducer(0-100psi) that is powering my FP gauge. So I just need to tap the PURPLE wire from the transducer and run that piggyback to the I/O? Which lug number.

Since I have a 3-bar MAP,being a TTA, I just need to tap the grey wire from it to the I/O? And follow up, I have no other sensors outside the LC-1 WB to hook up, so the 5V and ground lugs on the I/O shall remain empty? Is that correct?

On the LC-1,shared blue and white ground to a dedicated ground(on the engine) I got that. But the 12V supply seems awful small of a gauge of wire, can I tap that off any switched 12V supply? like wiper motor feed? Reason I ask is that with the 3 gauges in the pod and the scanmaster my fuse box is scarce on 12V switched circuits and I don't want to overload by piggybacking one of the gauge feeds, or is that okay to do.

The I/O board;
I'd like to log fuel pressure with my autometer transducer(0-100psi) that is powering my FP gauge. So I just need to tap the PURPLE wire from the transducer and run that piggyback to the I/O? Which lug number.

Not sure of the wire color on your transducer but the signal will go into input 4 or 5. Either input can read the transducer signal. Set the input in the powerloggers config and download page.

Since I have a 3-bar MAP,being a TTA, I just need to tap the grey wire from it to the I/O? And follow up, I have no other sensors outside the LC-1 WB to hook up, so the 5V and ground lugs on the I/O shall remain empty? Is that correct?

Again, not sure of the color on a tta map sensor but on the GN it's a green wire that gets tapped and hooked to input 2. 5v and ground on the I/O do not need to be hooked up.

On the LC-1,shared blue and white ground to a dedicated ground(on the engine) I got that. But the 12V supply seems awful small of a gauge of wire, can I tap that off any switched 12V supply? like wiper motor feed? Reason I ask is that with the 3 gauges in the pod and the scanmaster my fuse box is scarce on 12V switched circuits and I don't want to overload by piggybacking one of the gauge feeds, or is that okay to do.

Any switched 12v supply should do fine. The lc-1 does not draw much.

Rick

Great,thanks. One more on the LC-1. Do I need to free air calibrate and learn the LC-1 before I set up the power logger?

Great,thanks. One more on the LC-1. Do I need to free air calibrate and learn the LC-1 before I set up the power logger?
No problem,:wink:
The lc-1 can be hooked up now or later. No biggie.
Did you get the xd-16 gauge with the lc-1 or a scanmaster?

Rick

I just got the LC-1 and I'll use the scanmaster with it.

I just got the LC-1 and I'll use the scanmaster with it.

Thats cool, once the lc-1 is hooked up and running, set up the scanmaster to show afr. You can do that in the config and download page of the Powerlogger also. Hit the scanmaster options button on the bottom left of that page and check the box (Display Wideband). Hook the lc-1 up to the laptop with the supplied cable and run the LogWorks program that came with it. Compare the afr reading in LogWorks to the afr on the scanmaster. This is a important step for the analog output could can sometimes have ground offsets that will cause the reading to be off. Want to make sure your getting a accurate reading. ;)

Rick