Pitbull muffler tone

Hammer231

Boost Junkie
I've got the ATR 2 1/2" dual system with the aluminized pitbull muffs. I love the sound of this exhaust on the car but unfortunately the old pitbulls are about shot and full of holes. It's starting to sound kind of ratty so may be time for some new mufflers. I know most guys seem to prefer either the ultra-flows or magnaflow. I'm not looking for something that's super quiet as I dig the sound of the pitbulls. My question is, which muffler will give me the pitbull sound or be fairly close and also be a free flowing straight through design?

I took off my Pitbulls about 6 months ago and put some straight thru Magnaflows. I love em. They still sound great but not as resonating as the Pitbulls. I had Pitbulls on all 3 of TR's thru the years... thats why I wanted a little change.

I tried some Dynomax Ultraflows but I pulled them after a week and went with the Magna's.

I've got the ATR 2 1/2" dual system with the aluminized pitbull muffs. I love the sound of this exhaust on the car but unfortunately the old pitbulls are about shot and full of holes. It's starting to sound kind of ratty so may be time for some new mufflers. I know most guys seem to prefer either the ultra-flows or magnaflow. I'm not looking for something that's super quiet as I dig the sound of the pitbulls. My question is, which muffler will give me the pitbull sound or be fairly close and also be a free flowing straight through design?

check this out it might help
YouTube - GN1PERFORMANCE CAT BACK EXHAUST

Does the GN1 catback come with magnaflows? I've got a stainless Magnaflow catback on the 02 TA and love the low rumble even with the factory manifolds and cats still in place. You guys have me leaning toward the magnaflows.

Does the GN1 catback come with magnaflows? I've got a stainless Magnaflow catback on the 02 TA and love the low rumble even with the factory manifolds and cats still in place. You guys have me leaning toward the magnaflows.

S.,

The Magnaflows are my favorite muffler for the dual exhaust kits. They're quiet and have less drone compared to the Pitbulls, but sound killer under boost.

My TH 3.5" single had a Borla race muffler and it was plain loud. Ask TurboIndian about sitting in the passenger seat for multiple hours on a trip with that one... :biggrin:

K.