Pimp-slapped by a GN

TommyV8

Pulled up to a light with a Buick Grand National (black turbocharged Regal). We chatted for a bit and he asked me if I wanted to run 'em. He said he ran mid to high 12's, I told him he had me covered. I hesitated at first because it was a fairly major intersection up the road from a police station and I had just gone through a DWI checkpoint, but I just couldn't resist. On green he pretty much made me his bitch. :( I lost traction and almost spun out into the curb, he hooked and booked. It was fun though. :D

I used to have an 02 WS6 M6. I was a pretty quick car. I trapped 107MPH in the 1/4 Mile at 13.3 seconds bone stock. My best pass so far with the Regal is a 12.4@106 with DR's. I'm confident now that with DR's on the WS6 I could have easily been in the 12's.

lpaulabbott said:
your probably right but you wouldnt have the looks and the mpg to go with it. :cool:
Whaaa? 6-speed F-bodies get much better gas mileage than turbo Buicks. I have an auto and I still get much better mpg than my dad's stockish GN.
As far as looks go, I love the GN, but it's hard to find a better-looking car than a Trans Am WS6. Even the old man agrees.:cool:

My father has a 99 Camaro SS and claims to get 30MPG which doesn't surprise me the way he drives. I'm sure the Regal would get pretty good gas mileage too if I drove it "normally." My WS6 was a beutifull car. It was Navy Blue Metallic with Beigh Leather and T-tops. I still like the look of the Regal better though. It has that mysterious look about it and I'm always getting second glances with it even from girls despite the fact that it's in dire need of body work and paint. Also, I can fit myself as tall as I am and three or even four people in it comfortably.

whats up man, that was me you raced on cave springs, i knew that story sounded familiar. how did you end up getting out of those cones?

its turbo time said:
whats up man, that was me you raced on cave springs, i knew that story sounded familiar. how did you end up getting out of those cones?
Oh man, I was really hoping you didn't see that. :eek: I didn't know that turn lane was shut down all they way, I thought maybe they were surrounding fresh asphalt or a manhole or something. I just creeped through a gap in the cones, it was close.
boost > Z28
traction > me
cones > me
You on any local St. Louis boards or clubs?

BTW, if you live in Wentzville and see a loud black Z28 with silver stripes and "I ROCK" on the plates, that's my g/f and she lives out there. Don't bother trying to run her though; she's chicken. :D

its turbo time said:
haven't seen your g/f's z yet, is it faster than your car?
Most likely, yes. She's only been to the track with it once and she ran 13.52 on a night when my best was 13.54. I had previously run 13.38 @ 105 (stock except for an airbox lid), so theoretically her car would be capable of 13.36, the same time her previous all-stock Camaro had run. This was when she was bone stock. Since then she has added (well, really I added them) a lid and a catback (SLP Loudmouth) and I have only added a cutout to mine, which I usually have closed. My best with the lid and cutout is 13.34 @ 106.
There's only one way to find out, though. :cool:
Anyway, here's a site you might like. You have to register to get on.
www.stlsr.com

We should meet up in Wentzville sometime, my girl really likes the Grand Nationals.

TommyV8 said:
As far as looks go, I love the GN, but it's hard to find a better-looking car than a Trans Am WS6. Even the old man agrees.:cool:

I'll agree with ya on that one. If I had one I'd take a white one with graphite colored ZO6 wheels, or a blue one with chrome Y2K wheels. Dropped of course. They look awesome dropped with some big meats.

About the only thing that looks as good is a TR with a GOOD stance, big and littles with a 10" rim UNDER the car out back with a 10" slick.

Sucks you curbed your car.

buddiiee said:
Theres no pontiac on the planet, that looks as good as a GN.

I dunno.. I LOVE the way GNs look but Id have to say a SOM (Sunset Orange Metalic) WS6 would be a tough choice. :cool:

35th SS said:
I dunno.. I LOVE the way GNs look but Id have to say a SOM (Sunset Orange Metalic) WS6 would be a tough choice. :cool:

I agree, that would be sweet. WS6 are cool, hope to own one some day and turbo charge it. :D

disco stu said:
Sucks you curbed your car.
I didn't actually hit the curb, but it was close. It was on a slight incline and I don't get traction off the line anyway with my BFG KDWS tires. The rear end got crazy on me and I had to let off as I stared at GN tail lights. :frown: