pics of the stereo update

hey post up some pics,i (and im sure other here)would love to see them...

Very nice.:cool: I gotta start working on the Buicks and quit messing with the system in the truck.:rolleyes: Talked with Scott last weekend at a show on the Gulf Coast about putting some Hybrid stuff in the car.:tongue: :D :cool:
John

Very nice.:cool: I gotta start working on the Buicks and quit messing with the system in the truck.:rolleyes: Talked with Scott last weekend at a show on the Gulf Coast about putting some Hybrid stuff in the car.:tongue: :D :cool:
John

Hybrid is so sweet, if you love SQ, its the pinacle IMO...and many IASCA judges after hearing John Marsh's eclipse (Pro world champion last year).
I'll reduce pic sizes on my giant f'glass install later and post up a few.....its not a Buick, you've been warned! :p

Hybrid took about 80% of ALL the throphies at Euro IASCA. And won more classes at the US IASCA events that all other manufactors combined.

What sucked about the Hybrid systems I listed to was no one would turn them up more than about 95-100db. They sounded great, but they better have some balls to be in my system. Scott got a funny look on his face when we started talking about how much power I'm gonna be running.:D I tend to collect large Linear Power amps and have them modded for better SQ and more power.:D(it's great to be friends with the owner of LP!;) ) The smallest amp in the car will probably be a 2.2HV running all active.:eek: Looking at running a L8, L4 and L1 Pro combo for front end.:tongue:

Greg, post'em up or e-mail me copies.

Gary, don't mean to hi-jack and once again, fantastic job. More pics and larger format would be great.:cool: The other install pics would be cool to.
John

thanks John and everyone,
ive got to find my dig camera,hopefully Greg will post the pics up....

Just left Gary's shop and let me tell you, the pictures do not do this install justice. And guess what, it sounds as good as it looks.;) Those little kick panel pods actually put out some serious bass for 6.5's. Great job Cap'n!

Just left Gary's shop and let me tell you, the pictures do not do this install justice. And guess what, it sounds as good as it looks.;) Those little kick panel pods actually put out some serious bass for 6.5's. Great job Cap'n!

thanks bro......

There are so many pics I wanna put up, so here is the easiest way, look at the link to my Fotki folder.... let me know if you can't see them. There are about 15 pics in there of various stages in the big build. I will warn you its in an import, but if you build one, why not go all out! The tore up car that is silver, blue w/o door is it after we won Nopi Nats best of show, and 1 month later decided to change the whole car taking it down all the way and telling all our competitors it had been stolen and recovered...so they'd not expect to see it again. The end shows the final result. (2 years more Nopi Nats Best of show)
I have more pics somewhere, but you get the gist, a bunch of f'glass that had to be near perfect to hold $20K+ in paint. Now thats pressure for ya!

Builds/installs album | Greg | Fotki.com

sorry again I cant post them all here....

the rear looks awesome, and yeah building it one pc and trying to get it out sucks!!! it always seems like its going to be easy but when its your car you got to go all the way, it sucks lol any way great job man

the rear looks awesome, and yeah building it one pc and trying to get it out sucks!!! it always seems like its going to be easy but when its your car you got to go all the way, it sucks lol any way great job man

Your turn Leprocon, let see those install pics!

Greg,that car is unbelievable....what kind of filler,high build primer did you use,or did you build and let the body shop do it?
awsume job.....i was at nopi in 2001 with my memphis car audio demo van....12 fiveteens:eek: ,etc...thats another story too.

thanks,like i said before,your car gave me the inspiration to get off my butt and work on my own car ......

Your turn Leprocon, let see those install pics!

don't want to thread jack so heres a few random ones

shoppics134.jpg

Daytonapics008-1.jpg

Daytonapics008.jpg

Daytonapics013.jpg

car003.jpg

car006.jpg

This thread is completely awesome, I could look at these pics all day.

Leprcon, make a thread and hook it up, from what I see it's awesome.

Gary; We use the typical fleece for big stuff, grille cloth for little parts, reinforce w/ mat and resin. The filler is Rage Gold, but we do use long strand on bigger pieces, followed by short strand, then wipe bondo and then a thin putty for pinholes. All gets sprayed w/ a thick polyester primer, sanded and then primed twice. They all were left at 600 grit then reprimed and base coated and wet sanded before graphics. It is a very long process, but me and the other 2 builders are not pros, nor wealthy enough to do any of it twice. The car owner is in HVAC, I am in Real Estate, and the other guy is a auto painter...so he got us space and supplies cheap.
The car is a 98 civic w/ a supra front clip, I made the front bumper from a supra as a upper mold and a civic lower. Its drivable, the tail lights are in the headliner (l.e.d.s) and work perfectly , and runs 7 psi and air ride to make it actually roll. The engine from block, to oil pan, to manifolds on is chrome or polished. Its hard to not love a car you put that much into as you all know, import or not. It is my/our best work, it's not perfect buts its the best we could do w/ 3 guys $20K and several months. In the end the devil is in the deatils....like new windows w/o any factory tinting so the paint color looks the same thru glass....stuf like that adds up fast.