pics of the stereo update

btw gary, What is the parts list of the audio install...curious about source as well as all else in honesty. I am loving what you and Leprcon have done...

btw gary, What is the parts list of the audio install...curious about source as well as all else in honesty. I am loving what you and Leprcon have done...

that car is killer.....i need some rage gold and polyester primer.....my transition from roughing out the fiberglass to primer is my problem.

I'm using;

head unit; panasonic cq-c700u. i love panasonic,plays scratched Cd's like no other,has 6 ch RCA out,built in x-over and 7 band eq, but i don't think the pre out voltage/sound quality are good enough for the components.going to try eclpise...

radio power running RF 3.5 two ways and logic 4x10 for a little rear fill.

two amps both are RF punch 400-2 ,one on components,one on 10's.

eq and x-over built in to radio

4ga stinger wiring,1f cap,optima battery,dist block (hidden),150a circuit breaker under hood.alt build up soon.

RF stage 2 dual 2ohm 10'' subs (amp bridged at 2ohm.)

sealed enclosure (looking for accurate,not so much boomy ,but box is on the big side of the spec scale for deeper bass)

thats it,i built something that 99% of my customers could buy and use them selfs.the market here in a smaller town is on the low end scale (with the economy too) just wanted to show what a small budget could be capable of.the labor is another story.

I really need to get off my azz. I done some nice stuff in the past, but you guys make me look like Joe Dirt.:tongue:
John

Theres something to be said for oem sized drop in speakers, and making a system avg Joe could afford that rocks. That is "well done". As fun as it is to shoot the moon w/ wild radical installs, in the end, 90% of most car audio stores business is from drop in coaxials in oem locations and not wild, wild, wild stuff. Your mix of drop in, and quality install shows you know your market well.
BTW, I am a Panasonic fan as well as an eclipse fan. I used to own an Eclipse demo car, and the civic in all the pics was used by Panasonic last year at events. Two great lines of products. With an arm twist I could show you what 8-12"s fiberglassed in 11 cu ft looks like in the cabin of my old eclipse spo'd civic.

I'll upload a few images when I get home, the best shots were done by Joe Greaves (Photographer for now defunct Auto Sound and Security)so I may just scan his in...the seats and roll bar made it tricky to view...
Once again, my pics are too big, here's another Fotki folder w/ a few shots of it...I'll get the good ones in it later tonight. Remember this was 8 years ago...the teaser pic is the one that is just a blue race seat, look behind it.
My previous cars album | Greg | Fotki.com
btw, the jettas on that page were mine and the wifes, the blk/gray one was Polk spo'd, and made it rounds as well....