Pics of my semi-restoration on my 86 T-Type

87 WE2

Bought the car in NY. Its an 86 T-Type, Light sandstone mettalic paint, black out trim. Car has power locks, power windows, electronic climate control, power antenna, power trunk relese, NO CRUISE CONTROL, 55/45 power split bench seat, map reading lamps, seek & scan am/fm radio, posi rear.
I bought the car mainly because odd color and options, now I just have to hope everything works especially the climate contol! When I purchased the car it had just recently had a fresh $3000.00 paint job, And a newly rebuilt motor which was uninstalled when I bought the car. I have since cleaned up alot of the car. Replaced the entire front end, steering, replaced the upper and lower body bushings, and so forth. I have also undercoated the car with eastwoods rust encapsolator...
Put the engine in, I still have alot more to do to it yet such as reapolster the interior, buy weatherstripping, etc... just wondering what you guys think so far?

CLICK HERE FOR PICS

Looks Great! What did you paint the engine compartment with?

Mine is still in progress but going back to the mech to get the motor dropped in on Monday, then on Fri over to the painters for a little black cherry.. Then final reassembly. I am glad it is almost over....

Thanks,

I used Semi gloss black for the metal sides of the inner fenders, firewall , and core support.
The frame and front end are Flat black. (upper & lower control arms are clear coated also)

Hey Ed..........coming along just fine. Maybe you won't scare off the street competition with that mild color. They always run away from me and I think, "gees, if my car was gold or silver would they still run away." My 70 GS was gold and really beautiful but I never won any car shows. Then I painted it red, and I've had to throw away all the trophys. Go figure......;)

Thanks John. It might startup when I get the ECM you are shipping for me tommorow :D .............
I am not worryed about entering it in the car shows thats what I have the GN for. I just hope it being the wierd light gold color it does not get stolen :mad: But thats a risk I will have to take ;)

Wow Ed, the before and after pics are really cool! How did you prep the underbody and rear end before painting it? Wash up and scuff?

I'd really like to do that to my cars. You da man!

Thanks for the complments guys................:)

To prep the under side I degressed, power washed, again & again then I scuffed lightly with scotch brite. Then painted....

LOL....I had to do a doubletake to make sure that wasn't my old T! ('cept mine was an '85). Same color combo....same interior.....de 'ja vou! :eek:

Good luck, man! Looks great so far!:cool: