Pics of my Leaking Transmission

OneBadTT

I've been trying to diagnose my leaking transmission. Can anyone take a look at my pics and tell me if they can see anything obvious wrong with the tranny? Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 564
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 554
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 576
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 555
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 562
More pics

Here's a few more pics. A couple of these are before the tranny was dropped. No apparant leaks from the connections (TV cable, dipstick tube, coolant lines, etc.).

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 555
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 560
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 554
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 554
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 563
That front converter seal is pushed out. You need to check and see if the pump bushing walked out. Check the converter hub see if it's chewed up. Pump it's self could be damaged. Phil.

Turbo Nasty- I took the transmission out of the car this week. The builder, CK Performance, is working long distance with me and is helping with covering for the repairs through a very reputable Regal/GN/TType transmission guy here in the DFW area.

Pdzz- That's what I saw too. The seal is seperated from the pump a little and the bushing looks like it worked itself out around the outside of the pump. The stator looks okay. I was a little worried about the sediment in the oil pan, but I don't know if the installer of this tranny flushed the system before completing the install.

Looks like I rolled the o ring over on the pump over when I assembled it.It is strange it took a few months for it to leak.Sometimes as good as we are at the job we can overlook something that simple.Ill take care of you.The sediment is the result of not flushing the cooler during the exchange.This is important whenever replacing a transmission.

Oops! He He. :redface: Billet is good. Chris is working with Jake Shoe to help me. I've heard a lot of good things about Jake.

^^^ What he said. Jake's a good guy to deal with and will be helping me with mine when I get ready to do it soon.

OneBadTT,
I tried to call you today. Give me a shout anytime. I'm around the shop all the time.
My phone ringer doesn't work so I can't hear it ringing lately. I'll be around the shop tomorrow (sunday) and should be all week.
Should be an easy fix just bring it by. I'll clean all the junk off one of the build benches :D

I've been designing transbrakes like a madman lately. TH400 and TH350 auto shift.
4L60E as well and a spragless 4L80E.

Gents,
This is not a billet unit. I believe it was sold almost a year ago. It has a billet fwd drum, stock GN servo, pan, etc.

Pump seal was pushed out slightly, drainback hole was drilled, and it looks as if it started life out having an all new GM pump.

I would classify it as a case of "shyt happens".
Could have happened to me or any other builder. I haven't had a front seal push out in years but it can happen.

Here's the description:

COMPETITION COMPONENTS

E4340 STEEL BILLET SHAFT FORWARD CLUTCH DRUM.
E4140 STEEL BILLET BAND ANCHOR PIN.
SUMP EXTENDER WITH BOTTOM FEED FILTER
BILLET ALUMINUM INTEMEDIATE SERVO ASSEMBLY.
HEAT TREATED STATOR TUBE.HEAT TREATED SUN GEAR SHELL.
PINNED GOVERNOR SPRING ELIMINATES GOVERNOR SPRING EJECTION
All of our billet competition component are manufactured in house on HAAS CNC equiptment.

CLUTCH AND BAND UPGRADES
SOLID TEFLON SEALING RINGS INSTALLED AT ALL LOCATIONS.
ALUMINUM FORWARD CLUTCH PISTON.

ALL NEW CLUTCHES AND STEELS.
ALTO WIDE RED 2ND GEAR BAND.
UPDATED 3 CLUTCH OVERDRIVE PACK.
.250" THICK STEEL DIRECT CLUTCH PRESSURE PLATE.
DUAL FEED DIRECT CLUTCH TRIPLES DIRECT CLUTCH APPLY PRESSURE.

PUMP MODIFICATIONS
BRAND NEW BLUEPRINTED GM FRONT PUMP.
.555" CNC MACHINED TV BOOST VALVE.
.400" CNC MACHINED INTERMEDIATE BOOST VALVE.
MODIFIED PRESSURE REGULATOR VALVE.
HIGH RATE PRESSURE REGULATOR VALVE SPRING.
PORTED PUMP DRAINBACK PASSAGES.
INDUCTION HARDENED STATOR SUPPORT.
STEEL PUMP VANE RINGS.
HIGH TENSION PUMP SLIDE SPRINGS.
INCREASED LUBE OIL TO REAR PUMP THRUST WASHER.

ROLLERIZED COMPONENTS
ROLLERIZED CENTER SUPPORT.
ROLLERIZED LO/REVERSE CLUTCH HOUSING.
ROLLERIZED REAR RING GEAR.

I have never seen one that was not darker in the splines from the heat treating. Also there are many things I have never seen. Just saying.

I thought the same thing, I received a few pumps from Century transmissions that were not the darker color. I inquired to Mike and apparently they are much stronger than the stocker but are not the dark color. I was told its possible these are slightly softer and may show a small amount of spline wear over a long life span but nothing like the stock stator.