Pics of Airforce one in Africa (another repost)

Ttype83

USAF Retired
More pics here: Ttype83/Africa - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We were hauling the press corp, they would swap out from Airforce one to us. Max of about 1/3 of the passengers that we can haul. First Class meal service all the way, so needless to say I eat very good
I spent most of my time at the plane or in the catering kitchens helping getting the menus/meals ready. I never realized how much work was involved
I pulled 41/51 hour days, just enough time once to shower and check out of the hotel. Besides what I saw driving to the airport I didn't seen any of the countries

Tanzania

P1010603.jpg

P1010038.jpg

Rwanda

P1010044.jpg

P1010051.jpg

And what is this hiding

P1010046.jpg

CopyofP1010046.jpg

I flew into Munich 2 weeks ago and it surprised the heck out of me that one of the Airforce 1 planes was sitting on the end of one of the runways. Those things have had a lot of miles put on them in the last 20 years.

Airforce 2??

Isn't there an Air Force 2? A friend of mine that works at Blue Grass Tower (Lex,KY) said it has been in the area several times for practice landings. I know three years or so ago, it was flying really low around much of the city. Yea, they got a few calls from paranoid people.

:D
Isn't there an Air Force 2? A friend of mine that works at Blue Grass Tower (Lex,KY) said it has been in the area several times for practice landings. I know three years or so ago, it was flying really low around much of the city. Yea, they got a few calls from paranoid people.

THANKS JIM:wink:

Yes there is a back up plane, you can see it sitting beside the other one. This is the first time that I have seen both together.
:D

THANKS JIM:wink:

Happy to share :D

Tep...them dumb Kentuckians thought they wa getting attacked..:confused:

Yep

Tep...them dumb Kentuckians thought they wa getting attacked..:confused:

I was driving around Fire Brook when it was making it's rounds. It's not everyday you see a presidential plane flying around these parts.

Rumors has it that Dick Cheney has purchased property at the Champions Golf course out in Jessamine county. I read a few things about it last year. Wonder if he golfs as well as he hunts...

hell, knock out a couple teeth, take his shoes away from him, and let him screw his sister...he would fit right in, right?

Maybe not.

hell, knock out a couple teeth, take his shoes away from him, and let him screw his sister...he would fit right in, right?

Guess you have never been out to Champions?

Hey, thanks for the pics. I sent them to an aviation enthusiast I know. Do you guys ever joke about how one fill up of that plane could allow a car to drive all the way around the earth at the equator?

Best kisser in Jefferson Co. and if you dont believe that you can ask our daddy!:biggrin:

Airforce 1 is not any certain aircraft in particular. The callsign "Airforce 1" "Marine 1" Etc for every service is given to any type of aircraft which happens to be carrying the President at the time. So it could be the typical Airforce Presidential 747, or it could be a Huey. As long as the Pres is on board it gets that callsign.

We were hauling the press corp, they would swap out from Airforce one to us. Max of about 1/3 of the passengers that we can haul. First Class meal service all the way, so needless to say I eat very good
I spent most of my time at the plane or in the catering kitchens helping getting the menus/meals ready. I never realized how much work was involved
I pulled 41/51 hour days, just enough time once to shower and check out of the hotel. Besides what I saw driving to the airport I didn't seen any of the countries

Cool pics Jim..Do you work for World Airways?

I assume that's an MD-11 winglet in the pictures? What do you do for World? Thanks for sharing the pictures....

Cool pics Jim..Do you work for World Airways?
Yes I work for World, started when I retired a little over 3 years ago from the Air Force.
I assume that's an MD-11 winglet in the pictures? What do you do for World? Thanks for sharing the pictures....
Yep that's a MD11 winglet. The closest thing I could be called is a Loadmaster, but it's more than that. I basically take care of everything for the aircraft and crew while it's on the ground. I pay for services, bribe..oh a mean pay expedite fees to get our parts out of foreign customs, get A/C cleaned, yad,yad,yad.

Yes I work for World, started when I retired a little over 3 years ago from the Air Force.

Yep that's a MD11 winglet. The closest thing I could be called is a Loadmaster, but it's more than that. I basically take care of everything for the aircraft and crew while it's on the ground. I pay for services, bribe..oh a mean pay expedite fees to get our parts out of foreign customs, get A/C cleaned, yad,yad,yad.

Is World currently hiring any pilots? Are you flying out of Savanah?

Is World currently hiring any pilots? Are you flying out of Savanah?
Yes we do fly out of Savanah, not sure if we are hiring pilots right now, but I think they are all home based now. We were hirng but I don't see anything listed: World Airways, Inc. - Career Opportunities

Shoot me a email with your contact info and I talk to the Chief pilot next week. Well around the 6th when I'm in the corp office. email here: jseaton@woa.com

Yes we do fly out of Savanah, not sure if we are hiring pilots right now, but I think they are all home based now. We were hirng but I don't see anything listed: World Airways, Inc. - Career Opportunities

Shoot me a email with your contact info and I talk to the Chief pilot next week. Well around the 6th when I'm in the corp office. email here: jseaton@woa.com

I currently would not meet the companies mins. Looks like a good place to work and I will check back when I meet mins. :)