pics inside what you think

YOUR SEARCH IS OVER!!!

If I recall correctly, American Racing bought out Weld Wheels. These wheels in question, ProStar XP's were discontinued by Weld a few years back.

BUT, if you look in your latest Jegs catalog, go to the wheel section and you will see that American Racing has brought this and another similar wheel back. They are the #135 and #335 if memory serves me correctly...I don't actually have the catalog in front of me. Not a bad priced wheel either!!! I am thinking we will be seeing a lot of these wheels now!! I know I will be getting a set for my Regal!

Aaron

They are sold as Torqlites by American Racing.

I hope you don't feel bad about that. Because I think you may have started something. These wheels look sick and they are so cheap it's sweet. I also just found out that they come with painted centers but only in gray for now. Can't cost much to buy the gray ones and have them powdercoated black. Can you take like 2 more pics from a angle so that we can see where the centers sit in the wheels. Although it does look like they sit pretty deep because the design is nice and flat and doesn't curve out.

I hope you don't feel bad about that. Because I think you may have started something. These wheels look sick and they are so cheap it's sweet. I also just found out that they come with painted centers but only in gray for now. Can't cost much to buy the gray ones and have them powdercoated black. Can you take like 2 more pics from a angle so that we can see where the centers sit in the wheels. Although it does look like they sit pretty deep because the design is nice and flat and doesn't curve out.

yeah it took me MONTHS of looking at thousands of wheels to find something that was just right.

i have a couple other pics of these wheels before it was lowered.........
Just at home on my home comp so ill post them later so you can see the depth. They have a DECENT lip for the price of them :D
And definetly a difference from the 7 and 8 inch wide wheel the 8 inch wheels lip is much bigger in the back :):cool:

I thought about doing the powdercoating of the wheels too, but after seeing them in person, i couldnt do that

Wow, I wish I would have seen this yesterday.... I would have gotten a set of painted ones instead of sticking with the stock wheels.

-Jade

87 are you going to post the other pics? Also what seller did you get them from. Was the service good? Just figured I would check before I buy them from some a-hole. Thanks

I also have a question about tire diameter. The 235/60/15's that are on my car now are supposed to measure 26.1. But with the weight of the car on them they are about 25.5. But I was thinking that this is a 60 series tire and is going to bend in the sidewall more then a 40 series right? So if I was looking at a 235/40 and it was supposed to measure 25.4 do you think it will stay that height with weight on it? Maybe you can check your tire heights for me. Thanks a lot.

87 are you going to post the other pics? Also what seller did you get them from. Was the service good? Just figured I would check before I buy them from some a-hole. Thanks

here are the pics

frontlow.jpg

IMG_1328%20%28Large%29.JPG

I'm sorry I have so many questions but please help me out with a few more. You said that you were going to have the wheels powder coated. Is there any reason why you bought the polished ones opposed to the painted ones? I'm just not sure what the better substrate would be for the powdercoat? Do the painted ones have a rough texture?

I'm sorry I have so many questions but please help me out with a few more. You said that you were going to have the wheels powder coated. Is there any reason why you bought the polished ones opposed to the painted ones? I'm just not sure what the better substrate would be for the powdercoat? Do the painted ones have a rough texture?

i chose to just keep them aluminum cause they were so shiny and they looked awesome

the other series is a totally different wheel than mine.

i have had that set up for a couple months 18x7 with nitto555, 245 in front and 18x8 with nitto555r, 285-35- drag radials in rear

ABSOLUTELY AWSOME!!! NICE WORK BUD!! ALTHOUGH I WOULD HAVE GONE WITH A 15'' RIM X 20'' WIDE, PUT A 4'' LIFT KIT IN THE BACK WITH SOME 33'' AGRICULTURAL TIRES ON IT. BUT YOURS LOOKS GOOD TO!! :biggrin:

gnasty are you running spacers or anything in the rear. Is the frame notched? I just got my wheels back from the powder coater and tried one on and it seems pretty close to the frame. I am worried about rubbing and I only have a 245 tire.

gnasty are you running spacers or anything in the rear. Is the frame notched? I just got my wheels back from the powder coater and tried one on and it seems pretty close to the frame. I am worried about rubbing and I only have a 245 tire.

what size did you get??

i have 18x7 in the front and 18x8 in the rear with 275 tires and it is NO WHERE NEAR the frame Sounds like something is wrong

no spacers and car is lowerd 2+ inches :D
stock untouched frame also

I have the same wheels and I have 245/45 tires rear and 235/40 front. Stock height on car. I am going to have the tires mounted monday night and I will try to put them on the car tuesday. I hope they fit.

I have the same wheels and I have 245/45 tires rear and 235/40 front. Stock height on car. I am going to have the tires mounted monday night and I will try to put them on the car tuesday. I hope they fit.

oh they will fit as you can see :biggrin:

some some pics when you get them mounted please :)

Ok I will post pics soon. I just have one more question. Did you use Bulge seat lug nuts or Conical ones. I can't believe that the instructions don't tell you which ones to use.