pics in iraq

thank you for your service. my son is currentley serving in the iraq he is also in the army he is infitry.

As dumb as it sounds make sure that one of your family members or friends signs up for this site. If (God forbid) something happens to you I'd at least like to know. Please stay safe and come home in one piece and alive.

pics

Thanks for the pics I owe you and any of guys over there a cruise in my GN and a few beers when you get back to the States its the least I coud do stay safe,.....watch their hands,shoot first ask questions later!

really? what models do you make?

i drive/gun in a rg31 mk5
we got a couple caimens, huskys, a buffalo maxx pros and a rg long.

i thought they were built in africa?

2lwllzb.jpg

I work at Spartan Chassis, we built quite a few different trucks. Cougars, Bears and others that the names escape me. I work in the service center so we worked on them from time to time. We did an axle upgrade on one and had to test drive it 50 miles off and on road. We tested it on an employees farm in the middle of winter....plowed through drifts like they weren't there. From what I have heard they saved many lives. Makes me proud of my company to be a part of it.

From what I have heard they saved many lives. Makes me proud of my company to be a part of it.

eod has a cougar they use and just got a panther, man thats a nice truck, just the other night we had to use the robot and the panther has the ramp than drops down and end comes out so the robot could drive straight out,

and yea, if it wasnt for the trucks there would be god knows how many casualities including myself haha,

Hey, buddy, I remember you on this forum. You've got a dangerous job, so be careful. Thank you for your service to our country, for doing all the dirty, hard work over there. You're a good guy.

Are you guys using the mine rollers over there where you're at? Just curious...my Dad was the one who invented the mine rollers at Fort Belvoir, Va., way back in the 50s. Those big rollers you put in front of the tanks and go through the mine fields to clear the enemy mines for the troops. I grew up with Dad watching him with all of his designs, ideas and actual testing of the mine rollers. You wouldn't believe how involved he was in this. Got pictures of Dad going over a Russian mine with the rollers mounted on the old M40 tank, just at the point of detonation at the Engineering Proving Grounds, Ft. Belvoir. I was about 150+ yards away watching this and the explosion knocked me on my ass... had a concussion headache for a week. I was barely a teen then. Of course, being a government employee, his mine roller designs were the property of the US Government, but he was credited for the birth, design and completion of this mine clearing project. So, I sure hope my late Dad's rollers are still doing the job for you over there. It would make me proud that Dad is still helping you all out in a way. And one mine going off in my lifetime, gave me a deep appreciation of what all you guys must be facing over there. It's just incredible.

He served over in Vietnam with the mine clearing team as an advisor, but still got his share of incredible, dangerous action. Oh, man, the stories I could tell you. So I know how big of a job you're doing over there....watch your back, stay safe, and be damn careful. We all here on the board, want you to come home safely. I'm proud of you, buddy. Very proud. From my heart....thank you.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Awesome shots man, you are a true Hero! Get back here in one piece where you can get things back to normal! Thanks for all you're doing bro. ;)