Picked up BQ - Fluid in Vent - Missing deflector ?

olds403

Picked up a BQ this weekend and its was all covered in old fluid and dirt. At first, I did not think much of it.

Torn it down to the case today. Looking through all the parts to put in the washer....I could not find the deflector ? This looks like why it was blowing oil. The case has very caked on dirt and oil. So i guess i found the culprit. Never seen one missing before. This looks to be GM 8634701. Anyone have a spare ? I don't know what else this part does, but the mickey mouse pump thrust washer was broken in two and had plastic goo all over the back off the pump.

Any leads on this this deflector and any tips on the BQ would be appreciated.

Nice find. Should be very close to the brf. Still needs blueprinted and some upgrades to stand up to your fbody.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Need to locate this missing deflector. Maybe, someone has one they can spare ?

The trans needs everything. It will be a fun one for sure

I just completed some mods on my BQ trans recently, of course mine was already in excellent working condition. The valve body and governor are close to that of a BRF trans however the separator plate is for a lesser calibration, it has a smaller servo then and BRF and several springs inside the trans are lighter duty. I can give you a list of items I did or replaced to beef up mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a GN servo 694 and the x-plate that I bought new years ago. I can see the direct clutch springs look different than the BRF. Any tips on the BQ would be much appreciated including any valve body/plate modifications. thanks.......

Personally I went with a larger billet servo (11% larger then the 694) but that's what I had at the time. I got all my new springs from PATC. Here's the following mods I made:

Superior super servo
Purple servo cushion spring
.500 boost valve
.296 low/reverse boost valve
Elevated pressure spring
BRF 1-2 accumulator spring (white)
Heaviest 3-4 accumulator spring (purple)
"X" separator plate with a few holes enlarged (reinstalled all check balls).

This gives me nice positive 1-2 shifts similar to a BRF, but they get even more positive with more throttle angle. The 2-3 shift is also very positive now as well, not neck breaking or over bearing but nice very firm shifts. These mods should increase clutch capacity by about 30-40% assuming proper line pressures and that you have a mechanically sound unit.

I have a GN servo 694 and the x-plate that I bought new years ago. I can see the direct clutch springs look different than the BRF. Any tips on the BQ would be much appreciated including any valve body/plate modifications. thanks.......
Are you using all 16 springs like a brf? What is different about them? I used the 12 that were in the aa. I thought it ok as the gnttype.org recipe instructed to remove four of the 16 in the brf.
This xplate, did either of you drill out any of the holes? Are the holes already larger?
I used a white spring in the 1-2 and a red spring in the 3-4 accumulators. I am using the sonnax 2nd servo and carbon stock width band. I am pretty happy with the shifts. I did drill the plate holes bigger and am using larger boost valves and a pink 700r4 spring.
Thanks for any thoughts.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

thanks for the feedback. My BRF which is my other car does have the 16 springs on the direct. This BQ has 12 springs, but the entire drum, piston assy, steels, and frictions are toasted and will make nice rebar steel in China as it just went to scrap. Thanks for all the tips. Looks like I will need to reach out to some vendors here as I need some "hard" parts that are getting harder to find.