Picked up another T-type

Step 5, this was by far the worst step yet. The car had no headliner material on it. It all sagged down and the previous owner just ripped it out. So when I pulled it out all that sh it constantly dropped straight in my face.......... mainly my eyes!!:mad:
The start.
Markham-20120325-00569.jpg

Once i got this hunk of turd out I stripped all that sticky crap off it.
Markham-20120325-00571.jpg

Now its time to send it out to be re done.

your type is awesome you really love the way you brought the engine bay so brand new looking better than factory

Thanks. I finally after weeks of having the interior torn apart I got some more time to install the new headliner and visors.
Markham-20120506-00046.jpg

Also installed a box of goodies that I got off my buddy Mike Dopkins. Dew strips and factory shifter knob.

Before
Markham-20120506-00048.jpg

Markham-20120506-00047.jpg

After
Markham-20120506-00049.jpg

Markham-20120506-00050.jpg

Before
Markham-20120506-00051.jpg

Markham-20120506-00052.jpg

After
Markham-20120506-00053.jpg

Markham-20120506-00054.jpg

What a huge improvement these small changes made to the car.

those things you had in the box that go on the door,duh i call them sills,i just got them for my turbo-t also can u tell me were they hard to instal,i mean i have to take the inside door panel off to get to them. my ? is was it tight as a 14yr old or pretty easy to instal? i know its only like 6 screws or so,oh wait the window sweeps!!! mine look like yours and when my car gets outta shop I'm planning to put them on like you did.looking @yours just gave me the ambition to finish them

Very quick and easy install. Should take no more then 10 min a side. Peel the upper panel off only. Take a 10mm socket and "take off" the 2 window supports with the felt on them, along with," just loosening" the two 10mm bolts on the bracket close to the edge of the door. This will give you the clearance to move the window a inch away to get at the 2 screws that sit behind the glass. Window must be down when doing all of this. The first 3 screws are in plain sight. The other 2 need the mod above to get at them with a angled star point screw driver. Be care on taking those small screws out. If you drop them in the door, the bottom panel would also need to come out so you can use a magnet to fish it out.

thank you so much for the helpful hint on that little job,it would really make the car look up to date and new. also that magnet trick! pretty crafty,10min huh? that means it will take me an hour :( but thanks again without this info i would probably have the windows up or something,one more ? for you on page 1 there is a pic of the back of the plenlum with the wire harness that goes into the coil pack,the is a wire and a plug in next to it can you tell me what that is and what it gets plugged into.i hope you know what I'm talking about thanks,chris

At the back of the valve cover, there is a black box that that wiring harness plugs into. Its secured to the bolt on the valve cover and has vaccum lines that run to the EGR and the vaccum lines off of the distribution block on top of the upper plenum.
IMG-20120303-00532.jpg

Looks awesome....clean and simple details that made that car completely different....lovin the color too.

thanks for your reply,that is the part i need and now i know what direction i have to go into on my car,again thanks and good luck on your new T i never appreciated that color before but damm what a shine.......chris

Had a opportunity today to spend some time on it again. First I swapped out the old bezels and side marker lights for a set I took off my white one (bezels), the side marker lights are brand new from G-body parts.
Before
Markham-20120701-00134.jpg

Markham-20120701-00136.jpg

After
Markham-20120701-00145.jpg

Markham-20120701-00149.jpg

Installed and aluminum Mass air pipe and a new K&N air filter.
Markham-20120701-00139.jpg

Then I installed one of my old Racetronix hotwire kits that I had laying around
Markham-20120701-00137.jpg

Changed the door seals with a set that came off of my white car that were sent in great shape. The top one is the one that came off my white T, and the bottom one is the one that came off the burgundy car.
Markham-20120701-00143.jpg

Markham-20120701-00144.jpg

Last but not least.......... I don't know what got into me to do this, but I sanded, scraped and wire wheeled the rear end and painted it black. took about 2.5 hours but looks great now that its done.
Markham-20120701-00138.jpg

What do you do for a living. That you have that much time and patience to do these things. Looks good
That may be a bit too personal lol but I like both cars very much! I couldn't do it at my age because I'd be out taking money from everyone possible with the white car!

Amazing what paying close attention to detail can lead to in the long run! I think you hit the nail on the head my friend, huge improvement these small changes made to the car! Nice job...... And Jason I think you would need an Armor Truck to pick up your money the nights you bank from that white car... ;)

I love this thread! All the details going into bringing this car current are awesome. This is how its done.