Picked up a daily driver a couple weeks ago.

ross87t

I'm back in a Buick.

I just bought my 4th Regal last Friday. My previous 3 were an 87 Regal T, an 87 GN and another 87 Regal T.

Here's my latest.

1 owner (elderly woman) since new (1997).
17.3K original miles!!!

I got a hell of a deal on it.

I had pretty much narrowed my search down to Pontiac Grand Prix GTPs, Buick GS's and Ford SVT (4-door) Focuses with under 50k miles with a price limit of $7500. (Cars with lower miles, some comfort and a little bit of balls that get 30mpg highway and can be had in my price range.) All the GTPs I could find local were ragged out turds. The 4-door SVT Focuses are pretty rare, a bit pricey and little too borderline rice. Ultimately, I would have liked to find a black or silver Regal with a charcoal bottom, but due to the convenience of this car being local and the very good price, I had to jump on it. I stayed well below my $7500 price cap.

1997 Buick Regal GS (supercharged)
P5200001.jpg

P5200006.jpg

P5200009.jpg

P5200012.jpg

P5200013.jpg

First mod installed Saturday. (Houston, we have blower whine.):D
photo.jpg

Congrats Ross. Be sure to get rid of the ubend pipe and replace with a delete pipe it is after the cat where the 2nd 02 is, this killing your performance.

I am a former 97GS owner and last week helped my son buy a 99GS. We have already done a 3inch DP, 3inch Cat, delete pipe (mentioned above) 21/2 pipe out the back with no muffler (my son is 21 he likes it loud). It already had a 3.5 pulley, we will be changing to a 3.4. We did the colder plugs Autolite 104's and a 180 stat. Also we flipped the bones up top for better traction.

Good luck on the new ride! Very nice!!:cool: If you need any help on any mods, I'll help where I can. Also check out the Regal GS board at redirect

Oh c'mon now! Don't tease, how much did you pay?

$5900:cool:

fast86gn -

I've got the new 180° T-stat sitting in the center console waiting and I'll be ordering a ZZP 3" DP (which includes the u-bend delete) for it very soon. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the catback. I really like how quiet the car is now.

After I install the DP and T-stat, I'll probably get a step colder spark plugs and order a tune and 3.5 pulley.

$5900:cool:

fast86gn -

I've got the new 180° T-stat sitting in the center console waiting and I'll be ordering a ZZP 3" DP (which includes the u-bend delete) for it very soon. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the catback. I really like how quiet the car is now.

After I install the DP and T-stat, I'll probably get a step colder spark plugs and order a tune and 3.5 pulley.

Nice price.:cool: I would recommend the 3inch cat as well with only 2/12 back from there and a quiet muffler it's not that bad just a little rumble :biggrin: It's just enough to say hey it's a 4 door buuuuuut...

Got to get a tune for my sons 99 as well we just hadn't made up our minds on what to buy or where to go? I went through ZZP for the tune on my 97 but would like something more custom to the car instead of a general tune.

BTW I went 8.80 @ 79mph 1.95 sixty ft in the 1/8 on my 97! :) On a cool evening of course...

Nice ride dude!!!! You need to come out and spend some time with the buick club!!!! Still love the car!!! still only 63,000 miles!!!

Nick

Update:

Performance Mods installed a few weeks ago:
3.5" Pulley, ZZP 1.0 PCM, ZZP 3" catted downpipe, 180° T-Stat, Autolite 605 plugs

Windows tinted (18%).

tint1.jpg

Stereo System Installed a few months ago:

JVC KW-XG700 Double Din Receiver (Will play MP3's right off a flash drive.)

PAC SWI-JACK (to retain steering wheel controls)

Polk Audio db5251 5.25" Components

1 - Kicker CompVR 05CVR124 (probably going in a sealed enclosure for some tight/clean bass.)

Kicker ZX150.2 Amp to power the components. (60w RMS x 2 @ 4ohms)

Soundstream Tarantula TRA340.2 Amp to power the sub. (340w RMS x 1 @ 4ohms)

001-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

003-2.jpg