Pic from Reynolds

That is too cool. I see you finally got the window rolled up.:D That guy should never been on that bike. I think I actually heard that bike crying out in pain.

Oh and by the way that totally isn't the way I pictured you. I thought for some reason you were a balding older fat guy.

Where did your front spoiler go??

Originally posted by pat83t
That is too cool. I see you finally got the window rolled up.:D
Oh and by the way that totally isn't the way I pictured you. I thought for some reason you were a balding older fat guy.

Where did your front spoiler go??

Ok I'm thin on top...as you can see I looked up. Fat :eek: The most I have ever weighted in at was 160lbs....to much beer. Older yes, you can not see the gray but it's there.

What front spoiler??? I never had one. I have thought about putting on a 84 spoiler.

T-Rich YES IT WAS A BLAST...

Cool. :cool:

Jim, what were you 60'ing at? I'm able to get 2.1X without doing the burnout. I've read that burnouts don't help on street radials. I just drive around the water box and stage. I have 235mm wide tires, boxed lower arms, one air bag, 22mm bar and an open rear. I can leave at about 2 psi on a warm day without spinning.

I might try putting that limited slip rear in over the winter. It seems like a lot of time can be found under 60'. We should be able to launch pretty hard.

Yours didn't have a spoiler on it?? Mine had it on there from the factory. You need to find one. I just saw one for $200 shipped. I am talking about the front spoiler/air damn not the one on the trunk.

Also Rich, those rear wheels will hold 245's but it is a major pain to get them on the wheels. That is what I am running on the back of mine.

Rich, 60' times 2.5, 2.4, 2.4 2.6 on 205/7014's 1/2 tank fuel, full size spare & 40lbs tool box in trunk, unbox lowers and old rear shocks . I could have launched harder, but I was driving to Charleston on Monday and didn't want to break it.
On the What is missing pics...it's the other car. I really need to work on that. The rims up front are 15" , I plan on using them for slicks or et 's later.

Yes it is not need to burn street tires, but I was not able to drive around the water pits, So I did the burn to get the water off :(
The right lane had room to driver around, but there was a broken car in the way and I had to driver thru the water again.

Yours didn't have a spoiler on it?? Mine had it on there from the factory. You need to find one. I am talking about the front spoiler/air damn not the one on the trunk.

I'll have to start checking the U-pull it places. Yes I did mean the front spoiler/air dam. Ever since I saw the Red Regal with the 84 front spoiler I have thought about putting it on.

I will keep my eyes open over here. I know where you can get one for $4500 here in town, but it has an 84 GN attached to it. :D

I've never seen a '83 TR with an air dam. :confused:

245's on the N78 wheel - I'll have to try that, I have a couple of extras. I might try 275's on some 15X7's as well.

hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm. Wierd. I wonder who put one on mine. It was made 6/84 so maybe the dealer threw it on trying to sell it. Who knows. :confused:

I wonder who put one on mine. It was made 6/84 so maybe the dealer threw it on trying to sell it. Who knows. :confused:
hahahaha..you have a down graded 84 :eek: your in the wrong section...you need to go over to the HotAir section, we cann't help you any more.. :p Oh wait I have a 83 with a ??? engine. I guess we are in the right oddball section.

If your car was built in 84, that's a 84 spoiler. I thought that you had added it. I like the way that it looks.

Ok,Ok, so I was a big dumb animal. It was actually manufactured 6/83 and that is what I meant to type. I was just thinking that that was borderline for the 84 model year.:D That airdam was on there when I got it and the owner before me said that he didn't add it and the guy he got it from was the original owner and was in his 60's when he bought it. Not sure if the original owner is still alive to talk to.

Originally posted by b4black
I've never seen a '83 TR with an air dam. :confused:

245's on the N78 wheel - I'll have to try that, I have a couple of extras. I might try 275's on some 15X7's as well.

My '83 came with an '84 front spoiler when I bought it.
Also Tonya has put an '87 spoiler on hers.

As for the 275, they fit great with the right backspacing but if you get 60's you'll prob.have to do some fender lip rolling.
Well woth it tho, that's a lotta tire:D