Photo Bucket $400.00 ransom to use your own photos.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
If you think this wont effect you because you don't use Photo Bucket you may be in for a surprise.
This site is by far, the leading source for Turbo Buick knowledge and searchable info.
Much of these threads and articles have pictures from PB here. I have posted hundreds.
I am worried that if PB doesn't back down from this, many info sites will be crippled or severely made useless.

I now look back at some of the Tech articles that I have done and want to cry. :(

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/how-to-maximize-your-slic.305569/

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/my-30-00-billet-ish-alternator.336588/

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/how-i-made-1-pc-fiberglass-rear-bumper-filler.380893/

Anyone else worried about not being able to pass on the knowledge to the next group of enthusiasts.

Mike Barnard
Spoolfool Productions

The Bullet is already screaming...
There are other options....Dropbox is one.
Storing the pics on your PC, and posting direct?

It does suck. I have already run into problems trying to search old threads for info and all of the photos are gone.:mad:

I don't give a rat's ass about photobucket. Yes. We can use other forms of saving and hosting and sharing our pics. That's not the problem.
The problem is, we trusted in PB and when the links are gone, 99% of them will never come back. At this point, the thread is almost useless. THE DATA WON'T COME BACK!

Facebook is a great place to chit chat and have meme wars, but is not the best answer for getting your car running again or to learn from other people's mistakes.
I feel that there is far more at risk here than most people realize.

Mike B.

After this :poop:, they'll be tits-up in a year...

My gut feeling is that they already have one foot out the door and this is their golden parachute to cash in. Even if only 1% of the people pay the $400.00 ransom dough, That'll be a shit load of money. If it wipes out all the good websites that trusted in them, Oh well...

I have a ton of stuff on PB, but luckily I was an early adopter in Google photos and that is where most of my pics in my threads are. Actually, if I remember correctly I initially used my Apple Me account to host photos and one day they shut that down. What sucks is that I used that for my backup. When they shut down, I was able to download my stuff in a bunch if .zip files. When I found out that I no longer had local copies of stuff, I then found out that most of the zip files were corrupt.

Short version: Don't trust "the cloud" kids. Keep local copies of everything and back that up to an external hard drive as well. I have been in IT for 17 years and now sell enterprise hardware for on-prem. I've seen plenty of companies get burned by cloud services and end up having to bring their production environment back in at one hell of an egress cost.

I just now seen this and went to look at my PB account and I can see ALL my pictures just fine, SO what I did is create a folder on my computer and I transferred ALL my important photos to my computer....

Just finished uploading all new photo's to my BAER brake & DSE install sticky thread and all is good again.. The HELL with photo bucket! Won't ruin my threads!

Last edited: