Pet Pictures

Here are Oliver and Emma. My two Italian Greyhounds. Oliver is the gray and Emma the white and brown. Oliver is almost a year old and Emma 6 months old. They almost as fast as the GN. Oliver takes after his diddy, athletic, fast, muscular, and shredded :D :D

BoysandGirls2.jpg

Animal people ck out: On my way home tonight.....

I had left the shop to go pick up Kendra from school about 3:00 today. I was running late and it was kinda misty/foggy outside. As I turned onto Elder Creek road heading east at about 35 mph, I was following a older Toyata truck. Ahead in the oncoming lane I see this little black puppy starting to cross the road , and figuring the truck in front of me would brake , started to brake. Well, he never even touched the brakes , hit the dog at about the hip section, spinning the poor pooch onto the side of the road about 30 loops before hitting a cyclone fence. I COULD NOT BELIEVE I JUST SAW WHAT I SAW!!! Well in less than 20 ft I was at a stop, so there was NO reason this ahole could not have not prevented it. In my head I had a decision to make, chase after the ahole and start a war, or go to the dogs aid. A gentlemen across the street in a driveway sitting in his truck looking for an address saw the whole thing as he came running over too. I blocked the road so that if the dog tried to run if it could it would not get hit again. This other guy and I went right to the puppy. It had a haybale string with not even a finger clearence in the collar on and that was it. The other guy said, "I hope you know what to do cause I have no clue. "
I told him my wife was a vet and I was going to take the female pooch puppy with me and rush her to my wifes clinic. It appeared that it's back leg at least was broken upon further inspection. This puppy was great! No whining, no biting , no anything. She let me palpate her to see of any other damage. I am no pro, don't get me wrong , but living with a vet for 23 years , you pick up something unless you are a total idiot. So after inspecting the rasberrys and hip and pelvis , I decided to take her with me and rush her to Cindy's hospital, as she could not stand at all on her back feet. I thought , Maybe pelvis or hip broken. I had Harley (my Rhodesion Ridgeback) in the back of the truck so on the front seat on the towel over the leather seat she went. Just then , the suspected ahole who hit her, shows back up. I am like "WTF were you thinking?" In his face big time, stating.." You could have avoided that!." He was close to tears apologizing the whole time for what he had done. He claimed he was looking down at some paperwork and never saw it till he hit it and he saw me panic stop and jump out to go see. At that point he realized he hit something and came back to see what it was. I say to him, "it is misty and you are driving not pay attention to where you are driving? What if it were a child, then what?"
At least the guy had a conscience and came back. I explained to him quickly what option I had and away we went, the pooch and I.
I turned on the seat warmers and turned the heat to blow on her. She was the best dog in the truck. Laid her head on the armrest and was good as gold. NOTHING of dirt or blood ever goes in the front of my truck for those who do not know me, so this was an Emergency in my eyes. My childs school is on the way so I picked her up. I got to my childs school , but you have to go inside to sign them out and didn't know what to do with the dog while I was in picking her up. A lady was sitting in a car next to me and I asked her if she would sit in my truck, watch the tv, and just keep the dog company and calm while I went in. She whole heartly agreed after telling her of the dogs last 1/2 hour of time. As we returned she asked "Do I really have to get out? This is such a nice truck and the dog is a sweatheart." She said she would pray for the animal which I thought was nice of her. (Kendra attends a Christian School). So off to the vet we go. I called my wife ahead to tell her what had just happened. Kendra kept the dog warm and secure on the way. They were waitin for us when we arrived and right to the back we went.
Well, I am rejoiced to announce that she only had a broken leg, torn dew claw and superficial rasberries that would heal in time and she would be ok. They worked on her for a few hours and cked everything out. After soft casting the leg and giving her vacs (we have other animals at home) I decided we were taking her home instead of her staying at the Vet hospital under the Good Somaritan Program. She is a sweatheart and won my heart. Whoever owned her wasn't taking very good care of her considering the haybale wire round her neck. Also she is all of 12 weeks old and 18 lbs. They ARE NOT getting her back.
She has taken to me also. We named her Echo for ( Elder Creek Hit On) and she is already curled up with Harley on HIS bed , which Nobody gets to do, and begining to become a part of the family. They believe she is a Lab cross, possibly with Welsh Corgi. What a doll. Never wimpered, never fought, never anything while I examined her and the Docs worked on her. She will have a cast for a few weeks but will have all our love and care for the rest of her life. Her day went from almost killed to living the life of Riley. Everybody at Cindy's hospital said, "This one is a keeper" Great disposition and before we left, 4 hrs later, actually was wagging her tail. I took a pic of her and if you ck it out, look at the cast this poor pooch has. I don't know what I was more.... Mad at the guy for not stopping, or upset that it happened in the first place. Then , looking back, it may have been in the little pooches cards.
I am so glad she will be ok.

Well, it looks as though the Toelles have a new family member......Echo.

Bruce
WE4

Attachments

• echo1 (2).jpg
    echo1 (2).jpg
    384 KB · Views: 72
Every dog has its day, looks like this lucky little dogs day is here!
Great story, and an even greater ending, your the man Bruce, my hat's off to you, much respect. :cool:

Fellow dog lover, GNflyby. :)

Attachments

• mvc-032f.jpg
    mvc-032f.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 71
135 lb BABY

This is Thunder and his friend Elmo.

Unfortunately Thunder passed away this summer at 7 years after a fight with cancer.

As you can see Thunder took a liking to my Daughters Elmo and the couch.

Attachments

• thunder.elmo 002.jpg
    thunder.elmo 002.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 74
Re: 135 lb BABY

Originally posted by MONK22311
This is Thunder and his friend Elmo.

Unfortunately Thunder passed away this summer at 7 years after a fight with cancer.

As you can see Thunder took a liking to my Daughters Elmo and the couch.
Truely sorry to hear about the loss:(

Sad......

I feel for you Jack. I had my Siberian Huskies for 15 years. A male, Alex (sable/white) and Kasha (black/white) and lost them both within a month of each other. Seeing the pics here of the Huskies just kind of brings it all back. They were much more than pets, they were like my kids as well. Needless to say, I haven't had my own dog since I lost them 6 years ago.

Great story Bruce!

I mowed down someone's cat once. I didn't even see it. My wife did, but it was too late. It was dark outside and it was a dark gray cat. I stopped and ran back to it. It was laying in the road screaming. I was on my way to my grandparents' house and had packed some towels. I scooped it up and checked out its tags. Michigan. I'm in NJ. WTF? I drove around and sure enough I found a house with cars in the driveway that had Michigan license plates.

It's 3AM, I rang the bell. I presented the wounded cat and apologized for running it over. They thanked me for stopping and I went on my way. I checked back a couple of weeks later. The cat was fine, or at least was going to be fine. Broken pelvis, concussion and a chipped tooth. I ran completely over that thing and it shot up into the wheel well and bounced back onto the street. Amazing.

Accidents do happen, and it's nice when there's a happy ending. Personally I think it's pretty irresponsible to let a pet roam around in a densely populated area like my part of NJ - getting mowed down is inevitable. But lots of people let their pets run around.

Jim