Pep Boys - clearance on valve cover gaskets!! READ

Mattthias

Pep Boys have the Fel-Pro cork valve cover gaskets for our cars for .80 cents a set! Normally $14.99. Looks as though they are only now going to carry the rubber gaskets from now on. I picked up the last 2 cork sets in my area for a whopping $1.73 out the door. I just wanted to pass this on so you can get a deal as well if you need a set.

Part # VS50156C

I'll spend the extra money for the steel center ones with silicone, VS50156T. Same set of gaskets been off a dozen times and don't leak a drop. Easy to line up when going back on too.

Last edited:
I'll spend the extra money for the steel center ones with silicone, VS50156T. Same set of gaskets been off a dozen times and don't leak a drop. Easy to line up when going back on too.

Same ones here , Otto recommended them to me back in '09 .

What's the name brand of the ones that have the steel centers with silicone? Does Summit Racing sell them, or can I get them anywhere?

Bruce '87 Grand National

Felpro VS 50156T. If you look them up they say not for turbo 3.8s, just N/A which of course is wrong.

I ordered a set of the Fel-Pro VS 50156T valve cover gaskets off ebay a couple of days ago and delivery is expected to be Friday 10th by FedEx, no hurry though their just for spares to have for the next time i need to replace the cork gaskets.

The price was $22.32 shipped from 3guysautoparts

The price in the auto parts stores is $26.99 plus tax

Not a lot of difference in price but since i don't need them right away. I can save a few bucks by doing it this way.