Pedal Stainless Trim?

HI85WH1

Shhh... I've got a Secret
WE had a recent get together of TR folks here, and I noticed of the few cars that were there, mine was the only one that had little stainless overlays on the parking brake, service brake, and gas pedal.

I searched the RPO sources, and I dont find anything that is specific to identify this.

I did have an N/A limited that had the same setup some years back.

Are these part of an option package? :cool:

Not a Buick option...

And youre absolutely sure of this?...

The limited I had was a 1 owner car, and he wasnt the type to add stuff. The car was 100% stock when I got it.

I am the 3rd owner of the GN, and it is "mostly" stock.

I'll put some pictures up... these are reminescent of the trim GM used to use on the A-body car pedals in the Late 60's/Early 70's.

BRB

E-brake: This one is a simple wrap-around the outside of the rubber pedal with tabs on each side.

GNpedalassembly001.jpg

Service brake: The tabs push through the rubber then wrap around the back of the pedal. Note this has obviously been on the car for most of the cars life if not all of it.

GNpedalassembly002.jpg

Gas pedal: Again, tabs push though the pedal then wrap around the back.

GNpedalassembly003.jpg

I'm reluctant to try to remove the pedal covers...I'm afraid I might f-them up.

AS far as RPOs go: What are

YT9 : OPTION PACKAGE, FISHER FURNISHED PARTS
1SC : OPTION PACKAGE 03

The E-brake and foot brake trim comes off rather easily if you want to replace the rubber pad. Your gas pedal just needs a cleanup. Doesn't really show wear.

Rob, I knew I came across some info on these pedal trims before...just couldn't remember where until now.

According to Kirban's Guide to Buying a Used '86 & '87 Buick Turbo Regal: "Another unusual feature you may see is something never offered on the Turbo Regal. It's stainless pedal trim pieces around the gas pedal, brake pedal and the emergency brake pad. This kit was made up from other GM car pieces. It was offered several years ago, but is no longer available".

There is a pic in the book of this kit on a car, but the ebrake trim is different. Let me know if you want to borrow the book. Hope this helps put your mystery to rest:biggrin:

John... then these are oe?

Others seem to think they are not....

Yes, they are, but not for Regals. Many G-body Grand Prixs and some other models have stainless trim on the pedals. I have a gas pedal setup off a G=body with the trim but never bothered to install it. Cadillacs have the emergency pad stainless, and every Cadillac Cimarron has the brake pedal stainless.

Rob, I knew I came across some info on these pedal trims before...just couldn't remember where until now.

According to Kirban's Guide to Buying a Used '86 & '87 Buick Turbo Regal: "Another unusual feature you may see is something never offered on the Turbo Regal. It's stainless pedal trim pieces around the gas pedal, brake pedal and the emergency brake pad. This kit was made up from other GM car pieces. It was offered several years ago, but is no longer available".

There is a pic in the book of this kit on a car, but the ebrake trim is different. Let me know if you want to borrow the book. Hope this helps put your mystery to rest:biggrin:

Between this and the next post... the question is resolved... thanks to those that contributed positively to this thread

Probably you could buy them from the dealer when the cars were new to add on if you asked the parts dept guy?