PCV Valve and Vacuum Lines

onslow

Quicksilver
:cool: Hi Guys!

I will be replacing my PCV valve...it is time, and I would like to lower my BLMs (idling at 130s into 140s). I will get AutoZone part 1162. And, the car recently passed smog just fine (California).

I read some threads about it being a good idea to "separate the PCV line from the brake line," but there was no explanation about why that is "good" or how to do it.

My PCV valve tees off the top with one line going to the brake booster, and the other to the rearmost position on the vacuum block.

So, I would like to know:

1. What practical advantages are gained by separating the lines?

2. If there are advantages, exactly where should the re-routed lines (PCV, brake booster, vacuum block) run from and to?

3. Any special tips on how to get the PCV valve out of that tight position just below the fuel rail.

Thanks for your ideas.

Leave the pcv where it is and get rid of the T.Now phone Kirbans and get a billet alum vac block for the top of the throttle body.The biggest advantage is less oil vapours getting to the vac booster and not splitting the amount of vacum to the booster.

Kevin

:cool: Thanks for the responses! I know about the Al vac block and a check valve. Now, can you explain to me EXACTLY how the vac lines should be rerouted for the PCV, brake booster, and vac block ... could you be more detailed?