PCV help

831_gn

I was going to replace my pcv today and I could not find it(it's not there). So I ran my vacuum lines and found it connected to to my vacuum brakes set up. I want to put a pcv back on but I don't know were to start. I can post more pics if needed. I'm also planning on replacing all my vacuum lines

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 427
Is that it? I'm not sure if you can see but I have a really bad oil leak. Why would they remove it and run the line to my vacuum booster?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 414
pvc

Is that it? I'm not sure if you can see but I have a really bad oil leak. Why would they remove it and run the line to my vacuum booster?

Thats it!theres a vaccum line thats 3/8 tube it ataches to a tube that runs a long the dog house that goes to the vaccum lines on the the five on top of throttle body.

That 5th line at the vaccum block is routed to my brakes. Where is that oil coming from?

More than likely this is the GM one you need. I do know NOS4GN has them for $9.95.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 397
Put a new Delco PCV valve in there (the one mentioned above), and buy the correct vacuum block from one of the vendors (like Brian at GBodyparts) that has the 3/8" vacuum fitting on the drivers side for your brakes. Then you will run one vac to the PCV and one to the brakes. That is the right way to route it.

Oil could be coming from valve covers, intake gasket, etc, especially if the crankcase isn't breathing (since the PCV was capped). Chances are you could have pushed out a gasket with high crankcase pressure.

I will buy the vacuum block and replace all my vacuum lines. I'm also replacing my valve covers with some GN1. I will give the engine bay a good clean up when I'm done and take it from there. Thanks for the replies

Change your PCV Valve Grommett on Intake Manifold

Would be a good idea to pick up a new PCV grommett from Dennis @ Kirbans while you're replacing things. Looks like yours is leaking pretty good, probably cracked and dried out. It's a cheap fix.:wink:

Pvc

Would be a good idea to pick up a new PCV grommett from Dennis @ Kirbans while you're replacing things. Looks like yours is leaking pretty good, probably cracked and dried out. It's a cheap fix.:wink:

Good idea Dave!Just hope he dont drop a piece of that hard rubber in the motor:eek:

Oh yeah, definitely. I usually try to clean everything off, shop vac it, etc to make sure nothing falls down into the engine.

So I finally got my new vacuum block for the vacuum brakes, lines, pcv, etc. Somehow I managed to get the pcv grommet to fall inside.lol. I was wondering if you guys had some suggestions before I start poking around trying to get it out.

And I also had some questions about this. I have done research in the past but I didn't find any info. It was teed into the evap lines. I am trying to return this gn back to smog visual legal since i live in Cali:(
6c5864af-e819-8fbd.jpg
6c5864af-e829-d16d.jpg

What is the story on the vacuum brake setup? Never saw a master cylinder split system like that?

Suggestion, get the plastic cap that goes on the alternator stud on the back of it. You WILL eventually hit that with a wrench and start arc welding.:eek:

Is that an old style blow off valve on the up pipe??

Suggestion, get the plastic cap that goes on the alternator stud on the back of it. You WILL eventually hit that with a wrench and start arc welding.

Mark you speak with much experience;),been their done that and bought the T shirt:rolleyes:

Kevin