PCV bushing (grommet) lower intake- part#

1000NATIONAL

Buick Diecast Nut
Is there a part number to get a new one of these?
Mine has a crack in it...and looks like it's been leaking awhile.
Would like to replace while intake is off...

Eric (Turbofish) maybe you can help or ???

Thanks all,
Steve

I'd recommend pulling the intake off and chipping the old grommet out. Its always good to replace the gasket if it has one of those steel shim factory style gaskets in it, which lack the thickness to seal properly. Might as well kill 2 birds with one stone. I pulled my intake off and ported it, and just sized the old grommet with one off the rack at Kragen. The PCV valve hole in the grommet will be much smaller when new, so keep that in mind. I just grabbed a new PCV valve and matched it up to the grommet on the rack. The new grommet held the PCV valve in really tight...it was really hard to get in the first time.
Dont try and get the old grommet out without pulling the intake. Its almost impossible to keep chips from falling into the motor.

Hey Vader,

Thanks for replying...I've already go the intake off and the old
grommet out.
We don't have a Kragen? around here....can these be purchased at
any auto parts place?
It had the shim in it as well...
I think the leaking came from it being installed right on top of a large
casting seam. Grommet couldn't lay down flat...will fix that with a
die grinder and burr bit.

Hopefully, someone will chime in with a part number or a source for these
locally to Florida area.

Thanks

Theres a rack in most auto parts places that have parts like this right there and its just a matter of matching it up. The "HELP" brand has them I think. Just go over to where PCV valves are and they probably have it. Its easier than dealing with a lobotomized guy behind the counter.

GM Part Number 1381487. It's the same as a NA Buick V-6 and V-8. They should be hanging on the Help rack at the parts store.

I installed the new grommet when intake was off. I found the grommet as an HELP part(mr Gasget?) with the part number HELP 42056. The hole for valve was very tight when grommet was installed into intake and I had to enlargen it a little bit with the drill.

Help! is a Dorman brand, not Mr gasket.. the Help! aisle is my favorite part of most auto parts stores these days.
need some cool and cheap wire looms? look in the Help! section.
need a door handle? Help! section.
the clip that holds on your window crank missing? Help! section.
need to plumb a 3/8" hose into a 3/4" heater hose? Help! section.

Hi,

ok, it is Dorman. I didn´t remember anymore. It is long time ago when I purchased that grommet.