pass emissions w/ msd 50lbs?

dandman

hi

i have to go for my emission test soon, msd 50, casper 8 position chip, thdp, cat, egr. te61, double pumper.
anybody have trouble passing test?, old combo with atr chip and no cat(w fuel pressure set at 43 psi line ON! or 59 psi line off, still pass, but 50 lbs seem rich at idle, i have a idle and 25 mph (40kph) test
thanks
dan

FP sure seems a little high. Is that the chip recommendation? The idle emissions may fail without a cat and the NOx emissions may fail on the dyno.

hi

that high fp was my old combo, now its 43 psi, line off, but te61, msd 50, thdp and cat, just wondering if 50lb injectors have a chance to pass emissions

Don't see why not. It should pass as long as the tune is good. You're going to have to have it tested anyhow, so lets get it over with. If it fails, then we'll try to address issues.

I fast passed the I/M 240 test with MSD 50's and a chip burned by Jim Testa for 100 octane fuel pressure set at 41# line off I believe.

Well, if I can pass CA smog with 96-lb injectors, I think you can do it with 50's. (I passed with 50's several times, too.)