part throttle knock after 9/11 install

turboost

After I installed the 9/11 converter I get all kinds of part throttle knock retard when the converter begins to stall. When it is all the way stalled I don't get any knock but if I am giving it half throttle to pass someone, when the converter unlocks and begins to stall I get anywhere from 3-21* of retard and the car pretty much goes nowhere. Has anyone else had this problem? I manually locked the converter and I get no knock when accelerating at half throttle so I know it has something to do with the converter stalling. Is it that noisy? Any advice on how to resolve this or get around it would be appreciated.

I sometimes get knock at 1/2 throttle, at about 45-48 mph, like u said, especially if i punch it. If i ease into it, its usually ok.
Kevin

I get no knock at all with my 9-11. No matter if I floor it from a stop or punch it at 40mph. I might get 1 degree when the tires break loose in second.

John

I get knock when rolling into it at any speed especially on the highway. It doesn't happen when I floor it. Do these converters clatter at all?

Just got mine today so I dont know but you might want to put this in the tranny section, Bruce might have some insight.