Part #'s Please

WH1 85

I need a part # for the gasket that fits between the throttle body and the turbo. All of the parts stores keep trying to sell me one that is to big. Won't fit over the studs.

Also is there a special pvc valve grommet for our cars. I have tried 3 different ones and can not get any of them to fit.:mad:

That gasket is still available from GM; if you can bear with me until Monday when I get go back to work I'll get you the #

If you have to you could just make the gasket yourself, Steve, like crazygn mentioned. I did it for the vaccum block gasket on top of the TB (you wont find that one anywhere!). Advanced Autoparts has roles of the stuff, not expensive either ($5 ?). They have it out in the isles.
Also, if you want, first try calling or going by the dealer on Monday. They probably have that gasket, (just not the vac block ones). Try Lou Fusz Buick/Pontiac/Olds at Page and Lindbergh, mention their car&driver add and you get wholesale prices (800-325-1492). You dont necessarily need the part#, they bring up pictures/diagrams on there computers from the old service manuals and pick the part (#) from there.

P.S. funny, I thought they had that gasket at AutoZone or Advanced. You say that they are the wrong size? I guess I wasnt paying too much attention, because I was primarily looking at the vac block gasket in the kit, which definately isnt the right one!

Originally posted by 6SENSE
I did it for the vaccum block gasket on top of the TB (you wont find that one anywhere!).

kevin(bfh)has made those gaskets for us in the past.i bet if you ask him nicely he'd make you one:).

as far as the tb to turbo gasket goes,i use a paper thin coat of permatex.

later,sean

Heheh...For the vacuum block gasket, if you still have the old one for a template, I traced mine out on a breakfast cereal box cardboard and cut it out...It worked great!!! :p

Yeah that is about where my mentality was Jim, I just had to try to be perfect and use actual gasket material. I should have used cardboard too!:p

As far as BuickFromHell, I had heard he had made some, but that would have been too easy!:p
No really though, Kevin is really talented and there are some items I will probably order from him in the future (my brother has already ordered alot) but I didnt feel it necessary to bother him about that gasket nor wait for it. It really isnt hard to do, just trace the old one as Jim said. If you have to cardboard will actually do the job. A few years back My thermostat on my Suburban went out in the middle of a 500 mile roadtrip. I took the termostat out and made a gasket out of cardboard from a shoebox and kept on going.

That TB to Turbo gasket should be easy to make yourself, Steve (WH1 85). Much less to it than that vac block gasket. If you need help, let me know.

Part #'s

The part # for the gasget that goes between the TB and the turbo is #25516408, and the pcv grommet should be #25504235. I ordered those parts directly from GM a few months back. HTH

For the gasket I just did as reconmemded. Bought a roll of gasket material, and made one myself. real easy to do, cost $3.99. Plus I have ALOT left over. After tyring four different grommets from the HELP section I finally stumbled across the right one. And it wasn't the one that came up in there computer. Kept the box in case anyone else needs the number.

Guess I got spoiled by the small block chevy's. Easy to find cheap parts.