part it out or just sell it

mikes gn

i thought i read some where these cars (87 gn) are worth more if you part them out verses selling complete. is that true??

If it is clean sell it complete.If it is a rot box part it out.There is alot of money in parting these cars out but you will sit on parts for a while . I see a lot of clean cars getting parted out and that is a shame.

If it is clean sell it complete.If it is a rot box part it out.There is alot of money in parting these cars out but you will sit on parts for a while . I see a lot of clean cars getting parted out and that is a shame.

My thoughts exactly. If it's decent enough that someone could still drive it, sell it complete and let someone else enjoy it. Only part it if the car isn't worth saving.

i see no rust on it, but i'm sure the frame has that flash rust on it.. i learned how to post pic's so i posted 2 pic's of it.

in mondovi not to far from eau claire

I sent you a PM, your not far from me.

A car is almost always worth more dead than alive. The last one I parted took a year of my life and a bunch of BS in-between. You have to factor in the time spent and what it's worth to you.

Rich

I sent you a PM, your not far from me.

A car is almost always worth more dead than alive. The last one I parted took a year of my life and a bunch of BS in-between. You have to factor in the time spent and what it's worth to you.

Rich

I second that. The biggest problem is I still have a $hit load of parts left and a headache.

What is your time worth? Time is money, taking a car apart is money, packing and shipping are money, headaches are money, answering a bazillion emails is money. Like mentioned above, every car is worth more in parts,but there is a reason we do not all take our cars apart when we sell them. There is no worse group of people to deal with than people wanting to buy used parts. I sold about 15 parts on Ebay years ago and 5 of the 15 never even emailed me back after winning.