Parasitic Amp draw

Gothmog

Lieutenant of Morgul
I have a parasitic amp draw on the tail fuse, just wondering if anyone else ever had this and maybe it could narrow down my search for the problem

thanks

drawing 6 amps when the car is off, battery goes dead in one day... pull that fuse and the amps drop

tail fuse feeds the twilight sentinal module and the head lamp switch which will feed the dimmer switch if head lamps switch is on , headlamp switch may be bad

Attachments

• power dist.jpg
    power dist.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Take a test light and hook it up between the ground (take it off the battery) and the negative side of the battery. It should light up even if it's dim. You may have to do this in a dark area. Unplug each item on the circuit until the light goes off and you'll find what's killing the battery.

when fuse was in are the brake lights on..? if so the brake switch may need adjusting (push toward pedal arm)

this happened on my TTA
the tail lights are tied into the emergency blinkers
I had the clip inside the steering column break where the emergency blinkers push in
inspect the clip very closely and look for pieces of metal causing a short

Take a test light and hook it up between the ground (take it off the battery) and the negative side of the battery. It should light up even if it's dim. You may have to do this in a dark area. Unplug each item on the circuit until the light goes off and you'll find what's killing the battery.
Sounds like he had out narrowed down to the circuit already, but I've done this numerous times on different vehicles. Two times on my TTA. One draw was the fan delay relay, and the other was the radio. Have a stock radio in it now, but previous owner put an older GM CD player in, and it was always trying to eject the CD. Couldn't hear it, but CD player didn't work anymore.