PAINT, finally, PAINT!

Turbo-Rich

ALBATROSS
Tonya83T just got her car back from the autobody shop yestarday & it looks BEAUTIFUL!:cool:
It still had the orig. paint on it before but it was badly weathered.
They had to take it all the way down to metal to get rid of all the cracks. The lady (yes a girl painted it) that did it said the body didn't have a lick of bondo in it & that it was one the cleanest body & undercarriages she'd seen on a G-body. Quite a complement considerring the sourse. There were a few dings she had to take out of the hood & trunk. Now it's straight as can be!
We also replaced both bumper inserts, the rear bumper & repainted all the fact. emblems.
Tonya had it put back to fact. color, featherlite charcoal (light, not the dark version). She had the vinyl top replaced a few months ago, it was sage like the interrior (sage/grey). Pretty good lookin' combo!
Now we get to install the trunk kit she had made from IMM & reinstall/install all her amps etc. Actaully it's two Sony X-plod amps, two crossovers & a 10 disc changer.
Anybody have any creative ideas on how I could mount them aside from the obvious? The trunk is going to get a lot of attention & we want it to look really nice. I was thinking about something with plexiglass but I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, I'm sure she'll be updating her website soon with pics so you all can see it.

$1,200 total for the paint.
Pic's will hopefully be comming soon.
We just got it back yestarday & haven't even taken any yet.

Let's see the pictures . I have to repaint mine"real bad".

By the way. How's the little one?

$1200 is an awesome deal. Mine was about $2000 in labor and about a grand in materials. A woman painted mine also. Did an awesome job and re-spatter painted my trunk to look like factory as well as installed my new door/t-top seals and some other side work. I have all kinds of pics of the job during process of painting on my site.

Pat, I am familliar with the pic's on your site.
Nice documentation;)
I'll bet you drove the painter nutz, lol.

Fred, thanx for asking.
The wee-one is great!
He's walking all over the place now & I swear he's as mean as his mother
:eek:

Originally posted by Turbo-Rich
Pat, I am familliar with the pic's on your site.
Nice documentation;)
I'll bet you drove the painter nutz, lol.

Yes, yes I did. :D