Paint code?

turbows6

Can somebody tell me the paint code for a TTA before the end of the day? I bought some nason yesterday for a couple of small parts based on the paint chip book, but it wasn't even a blendable match. Yes, I sprayed it over white sealer. lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok, I think that was the chip that I guessed. Nason just isn't a great match I guess. My car has had some paint work before though and they may have used grey sealer etc.... White is forgiving paint for body work, but it's bad for color match issues.

White is the worst color to match quite often there are many variances for each color. Usually older paint end up having more of a yellow tone to it

You can take your fuel door the local Carquest. They can match the paint and it will be the correct color/match.

Joe

The
You can take your fuel door the local Carquest. They can match the paint and it will be the correct color/match.

Joe[/QUOTE
The prophet readers don't always read white as well as most other colors though. If your jobber does not have a reader they may have some old variant chips to compare to your car.

Thanks for the reply. I used it to do my wing. Matched well...At reunion you could tell who used the paint code and who used the reader.
Thanks,
Joe

I had the correct code, but in a Nason mix it gives written notice it's only an approximate match. It's not even a blendable match. The stock paint looked more grey. It might have looked ok over a grey sealer instead of white.

I'd say that shooting the color is more accurate after the paint has aged for 25 years. A GOOD brand paint would probably be a blendable match.

Nasson is a cheaper line of paint and uses fewer mixing toners in its line. This can make for a different color some times. WA8554 was a difficult match back in 1989 already, yellow than prime versions as well as red, bluer and brighter versions available.

I wasn't super concerned with a perfect match for what I'm doing (hence using nason to begin with)

My car needs a paint job at some point anyway, so paint matching won't be a big issue then. I'll use chromabase if and when I do that.