Paint/body shop in Staten Island, NY

8289ta

Anybody know a good place? I need my car painted, and I don't want to take it to one of these collision shops that take no interest in older cars. I am looking to get the whole car painted. I need a shop close by. Something in Brooklyn or nearby NJ could work for me also. It is black, and needs to be done right. It's a 1982 TA - not a Buick, but I figure someone here might know someone.

Hello, You might want to try Dennis Kirban's son - Darryl Kirban... if you google Kirban Customs, his facebook page with contact information and some pictures of some of the cars and Cigarette Racing boats he has done is on there. He is located in North East PA so I don't think he is to far away from you if you are willing to go to Jersey as well. Believe me when I say you couldn't meet a more nicer, HONEST person then Darryl to work on your car. I haven't had any paint work done myself by Darryl but have seen quite a bit of his work and when I say he can do anything, that's a understatement. He is a absolute expert with anything to do with fiberglass as well and has worked on a TON of G-bodies from Grand Nationals to GNX's. I can't speak for Darryll but he is NOT the place to go if you are looking for a cheapie Maco type paint job but I am pretty certain his prices are very reasonable. It's the old story you get what you pay for. If someone is looking for the Earl Scheib $299 paint job there are tons of places out there that will paint the interior (YIKES) while they are at it! Darryl is not one of them... give him a call if you want your car to look like new again. Good luck!

Reggie - I did check out his work, and it looks great. I think he might be a little too far away from me though.

My friend owns a shop in Brooklyn. I'll give you his contact info if your interested. He just finished my GN body off

Trans Damm - if you get a chance can you send me the contact info? I would like to talk to your friend about painting my car.