paging turbov6joe or anyone else with a 218/218 cam

R

Raist103

I just bought a hydraulic cam from ebay (he is a member here) and was wondering when I call ATR tomorrow what lifters I am to get for this cam. All I know is what I said in the title and this short paragraph. Oh and it is a 268 grind.

Thanks
Don

So when I call ATR I just got to say GM lifters?
Sorry to sound stupid but this is all new to me I am just buying the stuff and helping my friend put it in.

Thanks for the info

Yup, GM lifters. I wonder if it is the cam out of my old motor? Was a noisy sucker but I had Comps lifters. With GM's you may get lucky.

The correct answer with this cam...and any other flat tappetis that you want the lifters manufactured by Johnson. these lifters are sold as "GM OEM", Seled Power", "Blue Wolverine" and probably several others that I am not aware of. But they should say Johnson on the side of the lifter itself.

The 218/218 is a fast ramp cam and this will lead to the lifter ticking noise (that is OK) but could wreck havoc with your knock sensor.

I run this cam with an aftermarket computer that allows me to set the knock sensor sensiivity...so it doesn't bother me. Not sure how it effected the engine on my friend Joe reif's car...but it did muster a 10.92 with this "noisey cam" setup. went 10.67 on my car and 9.96 on Jason Cramer's FAST equipped car.

My car typically has a tad of false KR at start-up when the Comp lifters have not yet pumped up. I don't think my motor is any more "noisy" with the 218-218 than any other LC2 with a BIG cam. You should like this cam, it pulls like a banshee on the top end and makes HP up to 6200 rpm without a huge drop-off. My dyno sheets are pert near table flat up to 5800 rpm:)