Package delivery services going down hill!!

groumoutis

In the last few years I have noticed how all of the package delivery services have went to hell. FedEx drivers can't read the numbers off of the house when the pizza guy can do it just fine. Alky control system was delivered across the street! Possible $600 screw up! Ordered the LED tail lights and they were ready to be shipped on December 30th and UPS didn't pick them up until the 6th of January and now they have been sitting in Indianapolis for the last 3 days with no delivery date in sight. Ordered some 1157 tail light adapters and the USPS says they tried to deliver them today at 5pm and a notification was left on my door! Well I was home from 3pm and later. No notification and no doorbell or knock on the door. Our dogs will bark at the mailman opening the mailbox. On top of that I was watching both the boys have a snowball fight in the front yard from 4pm to 5:30pm. So who delivers packages that you can count on?

holy crap... a snowball fight that lasted an hour and a half?
that had to be intense- no wonder the delivery guy was afraid to walk up to your door.

We use USPS, UPS and Fed-Ex all the time for work. We rarely have issues and when we do it's usually our fault or bad weather.

I ordered a part for my car, few hundred dollars, to be delivered to MY house. It was delivered to a house about a mile away. The street names were not even close. The numbers
in my address match none in their address!!!! Luckily the people looked me up in the phone book and gave me a call!

I ordered a part for my car, few hundred dollars, to be delivered to MY house. It was delivered to a house about a mile away. The street names were not even close. The numbers
in my address match none in their address!!!! Luckily the people looked me up in the phone book and gave me a call!
You got lucky,but more importantly whats this phone.book.thing you speak of lol

I haven't had many problems here but I had two Christmas cards that took 2 weeks to get to Florida that were mailed on 12/20. That was a little stressful - they did make it though.

I have received four boxes this week from the USPS. While they were delivered in a timely manner and to the correct place, they all looked like they were dragged behind the truck instead of on it. Luckily only one of the boxes had damaged contents. It was a box I packed myself in NJ to send back to myself. It was a set of vintage mixing bowls that were packed tightly, foam between each, with bubble wrap and air pocket packs surrounding everything. Three of eight were broken. :mad:

It is getting worse that's for sure! On the products that we ship out of here we solely use USPS and Very Rarely have a single issue with them, packages drop shipped from other companies now that is a whole another story. :mad:

I know Amazon did a deal with UPS just recently. Had to do with Amazons prime program with 2 day free shipping. There was like 8 million people that signed up for it as of last week.

We had ordered some flange studs for work. They are 7/8" studs 6" long. Ordered 15 of them. They delivered them to a house in the area. Not even a business. WTF.

They also cant drop off packages to the right address at our location. The building i work out of has a different address but stuff still gets dropped of at the wrong location.

Brandon

holy crap... a snowball fight that lasted an hour and a half?
that had to be intense- no wonder the delivery guy was afraid to walk up to your door.

The boys actually made forts to hide behind before the snowball fight. I had to give my 10 year old some direction on his fort since he was going against his older brother.

Just got back from the post office and the box was on the truck to be delivered today. The tracking info said I had 15 days to pick it up or it would be sent back to the sender. After telling the lady at the counter what was going on she said someone screwed up. No kidding! Thanks Mrs Obvious, you're a life saver!

Three weeks before Christmas my credit card gets hacked...someone in California was racking up charges.
I called the credit card company on a Thursday, they cancel the card and asks me if someone will be home on
Saturday to sign for the new one because they cannot leave it without a signature. Saturday rolls around, about
noon I come outside and there is an envelope laying on my front step! Fedex never rang my doorbell either!
Go Figger! :arghh:

I ordered some of Earl's stainless hardware which he shipped by Priority Mail, USPS. It took 8 days to make it from GA to NM... Wonder what regular mail would have been like?

Since I picked up the 1157 bulb adaptors today I grabbed the label maker and went to print off labels for the wires and my 10 year old son broke the label maker. Not the greatest start to the year so far for me.

I sent a bank check 2 day priority USPS on Dec 28, tracking said expected delivery date Dec 30. I went to stop payment on the check on Jan 6th, check arrived Jan 8th. Luckily I was able to stop the stop payment on the check or I would have had to do it all over again + $5.85 for mailing !!

Well one good thing is at least they didn't toss, punt or kick your boxes around like Ace Ventura "Pet Detective" did!!:eek:

I mailed a torque converter to frank Gordon in Ohio. Took 2 weeks to get there! I sent it priority mail. It did leak some tranny fluid but no reason for so long getting there.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Guy's keep in mind it was the holidays followed by this wicked cold front that pretty much crippled the nation, Here by us over 3,000 people were without power for days, we were a victim of this power outage as our place kept going out and on for days....It was crazy! Post office was closed, court house was closed, it was like the place came to a halt and into Zombie land around here.... Just the last two days were finally able to get things going again but think about it for a second.....The whole top of the united states was hit by this storm and some states have been impacted much more than others....Yeah UPS, FedEx is slow because they all have been hit with this crap lately.... Now if it continues two months from now They have no excuse! LOL