Package delivery services going down hill!!

There also were plenty of delayed flights. Remember all the news coverage of people camping out in airports for days? Delays are inevitable. Damage is a different problem though.

I do understand the weather played a roll in it but according to the UPS tracking page the lights were ready for pick up on December 30th and UPS didn't pick them up until the 6th. I have taken into account New Years Eve and day but they had the 2nd and 3rd to pick it up. The lights made it from New Jersey to Indy in 24 hours. Now it has been in Indy since the 7th.

Guy's keep in mind it was the holidays followed by this wicked cold front that pretty much crippled the nation, Here by us over 3,000 people were without power for days, we were a victim of this power outage as our place kept going out and on for days....It was crazy! Post office was closed, court house was closed, it was like the place came to a halt and into Zombie land around here.... Just the last two days were finally able to get things going again but think about it for a second.....The whole top of the united states was hit by this storm and some states have been impacted much more than others....Yeah UPS, FedEx is slow because they all have been hit with this crap lately.... Now if it continues two months from now They have no excuse! LOL

why is it that the weather affects things now when it didn't affect them in the past?
i'd put on a tinfoil hat and start screaming about some sort of a conspiracy, but the tinfoil shipment is stuck in a sorting facility in Newark...

Sadly, as with any business, having a warm body to safely operate the equipment is cheaper than someone who can actually get things done correctly. The carrier didn't loose money on any of these packages. Even the $800 that could have gone wrong above is a big chunk to you and me, it's a drop in the bucket(or lake/ocean) to the carrier. Ever try to collect on a claim from one?

Upside, my ups stock topped $105 a share last quarter.

I did once. Years ago I bought a $600 helmet off of ebay (for $125) and UPS delivered it to an oddball address 3 miles from my old house. Luckily for me, the lady looked me up in the phone book and I got it. The bad part for me was I crashed that weekend and didn't have a backup helmet due to the SNAFU.

I filed a claim since they didn't deliver it thinking I was going to get replacement value. Instead they refunded Dennis Kirk's ebay store and they gave me a refund. That tie it went to my favor, but there was a lot of opportunities for it to go sideways. That helmet is still sitting my my Race Driven' cockpit arcade game in my dining room :D

I ordered some of Earl's stainless hardware which he shipped by Priority Mail, USPS. It took 8 days to make it from GA to NM... Wonder what regular mail would have been like?

No kidding Jay. I'm 60 miles south of ATL airport witch is the major hub for Delta and a couple other airlines. When I mail stuff it makes it to ATL that night. I have no idea why that box took so long to get to you. Imagine how bad it would have been if it was an oddball package with a handwritten label?!

Here is another fine example..... This customers package should have been delivered to him on the 28th and it still has not got there so it's lost somewhere! Looks like it never made it out of the "Sort Facility" Nice huh? I will be dealing with them first thing Monday!

Post office.jpg

The problem with the Post a Office is they don't guarantee Priority Mail. Also when an item is lost or delayed in transit, they will not do anything for 30 days from the date it shipped.

With UPS and FedEx they have stretched their workers so thin that problems and some delays are made worse. It's all about increasing the stock price.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

We have gone from a JIT (just in time) to a NGT (never got there) world...Pretty sad

The problem with the Post a Office is they don't guarantee Priority Mail. Also when an item is lost or delayed in transit, they will not do anything for 30 days from the date it shipped.

With UPS and FedEx they have stretched their workers so thin that problems and some delays are made worse. It's all about increasing the stock price.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Those are the correct answer's.

Well the package finally left Indy. A friend at work has a package just sitting in Indy with mine. I live 36 miles from Indy and the package won't make it here until Tuesday.