Owners kit

I feel fiesty today.. shouldnt that owners kit, the tips, and those heads went with the sale of the car since they belonged to the car :eek: :D :wink:

Sad part is the guy will drop dead one day and some nephew will toss them in the trash when he finds them!

Thats why ya tell your kids (Melissa) what this junk is worth before ya die:cool: oh also have a list of who NOT to sell parts to and if she gets tired of dealing with the tire kickers she can throw them away AFTER she destroys the part :p back to the owners kit .. ummm I really don't have any more of them :eek: :cool:

Meh if I were to sell my car none of the memoribilia is going with it unless the new owners pay the price I ask. Otherwise ebay will always bring more.

Jason

Razor,

The car that I sold went to its new owner with all the original parts to that belonged to that car. I have had six tta's, I like all of the others that have tta have aquired parts at swap meets etc. I am always and forever will be attempting to teach others to respect the vehicle they have by trying to keep it as "real" as one can possibly do. Afterall, in time most of the history of the cars and fun we have with them will be nothing but stories you talk about on a rocking chair. I would in fact hang on to the items I have if in fact I had a car to go with them. Currently I have only one tta and it has been cut up by the person I got it from. I already have one kit for the car. The heads came off of another basket case I had. If there is anything else you need to know please feel free to ask. As far as being careful.........I have never screwed anyone in my life. I belive in face to face transactions for I am a believer of the "hand shake" of a man. I will be providing my phone number and addres to anyone that is buying parts from me

As far as being careful.........I have never screwed anyone in my life. I belive in face to face transactions for I am a believer of the "hand shake" of a man. I will be providing my phone number and addres to anyone that is buying parts from me

Sorry i don't know you and you are prob ok BUT lots of rip offs lately on here. Hell years ago I sent thousands of $$$$ out for turbo parts (Buick and TTA) and never really had a problem.. Today I am a careful . You only have 3 posts to your name and that puts up a red flag to me .. don't take it personally . :cool: I am just a grumpy old person :p :cool:

Holy smoke!!!

What prices these kits are priced now!!!!

I regret that i sold my kit for a few bucks and and a cigarette fimp!:confused: :eek:

600 for a partial kit? Crap I got that here.. Ill sell for a discount.. 500.00 bux..lol

I wouldn't sell the complete owner's kit I have for $1,000. What's the point? I doubt I'll find one in as good of condition for under that price anyway.

Razor,

The car that I sold went to its new owner with all the original parts to that belonged to that car. I have had six tta's, I like all of the others that have tta have aquired parts at swap meets etc. I am always and forever will be attempting to teach others to respect the vehicle they have by trying to keep it as "real" as one can possibly do. Afterall, in time most of the history of the cars and fun we have with them will be nothing but stories you talk about on a rocking chair. I would in fact hang on to the items I have if in fact I had a car to go with them. Currently I have only one tta and it has been cut up by the person I got it from. I already have one kit for the car. The heads came off of another basket case I had. If there is anything else you need to know please feel free to ask. As far as being careful.........I have never screwed anyone in my life. I belive in face to face transactions for I am a believer of the "hand shake" of a man. I will be providing my phone number and addres to anyone that is buying parts from me

I was just pulling your chain.. please dont take it personal.. :D

I agree that the price has gone through the roof for the cardboard box we all worship. I am (I guess) in the fortunate of owning more than I need. I always am hoping for others (like I) to preserve our history. SOme of my best childhood memoeries (5 yrs old) hangin in the garage while dad was restoring a model A and a 55 chevy pickup rod. I am hoping that these cars, "the true muscle of 80s" are around when my kids get older. And it would be really cool if the cardboard box was still hangin out in the back of the cars were it belongs

Well i have a box i would sell, but it would have to be for $1250

complete and still in the box it was shipped to the owner in from the manuf. tissue paper and all..

Wasnt looking to sell it, but for that price i would :biggrin:

I can fully understand both sides of this argument. I am fortunate that my 200K+ mile TTA still had it's owners box when I bought it. The box it self is starting to show wear around the hinge both inside and out and the key chain is missing but everything else is there including all 3 decals. With the car up for sale the owners box is a negotiating point but I do feel that the box is part of the car and I have advertised it that way.

Well i have a box i would sell, but it would have to be for $1250

complete and still in the box it was shipped to the owner in from the manuf. tissue paper and all..

Wasnt looking to sell it, but for that price i would :biggrin:

PM sent

I might be crazy enough to buy another one.

Hell, bought a car last year just for the 3 jackets,owners kit and glasses set.

I really don't understand how they are worth anything to start with, after all its 20 year old decals which you really cant use anyway, a cassette (I dont even have anything that plays that), keychain, and a fancy cardboard box.

Ignoring that I'm not sure how people ever got in the habit of selling the cars without the owners kit, I mean what value is it to have the owners kit to a car you don't own? Also the only people that will even want it are other TTA owners and thats a shrinking amount of people also.

As time goes on and there are less TTA's there should be a over abundance of owners kits. The real problem is that someone payed 500 or more for one of these to start with and got it in everyone else's head that they are worth that much.

The one and only reason I'd ever want one is to "complete" my car if I were selling it to maximize the value. As for while I own it, thats proof enough for me, I don't need a cardboard box full of useless junk to justify it.