overheating

bad water pump....bad thermostat...go to cottons and order a 160 thermostat and then go to autozone and get a thermostat housing and put it in...next make sure your setup is getting enough air...hotwire your electric fan so you can turn it on and run it all the time....i run about 165ish 174 the most in 95-100 degree weather with humidity, and i have a fmic stock radiator single fan 160 thermostat and i love the results...but if your overheating when your car is cold fill the radiator to the top leave the cap off and start the car....wait till your temp hits 160-180 depends what thermostat you have and see if the water level starts flowing...it should surge and flow out the fill spout fill it up if neccesary and cap it off...

okay sounds god ill try that and see what happens its been a really long process getting this car fixed the owner before me let it set for about three years outside and didnt drive it so ive put around 3000 in it just gettin to the point that im at also when you are driving it it runs great up to bout half throttle then after that it acts like your driving a 4 cylinder it acts like it misses but it has new plugs in it and all and msd ignition wires and the coil pack is new what do you think could be doin that.

Change out all the vacuum lines unless they are in new condition, exspecially the ones by the turbo, the heat kills them quicker then the rest. When you have time, read over this site Vortex Buicks it covers about everything there is to know about your car.
Also here is what you should make sure is done to your car every spring or in your case now, The Grand National / T-Type / Turbo Regal Buick Spring Cleaning Guide

Chuck

okay sounds god ill try that and see what happens its been a really long process getting this car fixed the owner before me let it set for about three years outside and didnt drive it so ive put around 3000 in it just gettin to the point that im at also when you are driving it it runs great up to bout half throttle then after that it acts like your driving a 4 cylinder it acts like it misses but it has new plugs in it and all and msd ignition wires and the coil pack is new what do you think could be doin that.

Where did you get the coil pack from?

Did you check the ohms before installing it?

Start with the spring cleaning guide. Sounds like your car needs some TLC.

okay yeah the vacuum lines are a little worn out and it probly could use new ones. the coil pack is good and is off of an 85 and it set for three years because the owner that had it didnt have the time or money to keep it up and it got in bad shape i had the radiator recently went through and checked and it was okay. everything but the motor does good on the car the transmission shifts firm and goo and the interior is in good shape but the digital dash is not working totally other than that it just needs a little tlc. the car when i first got it would run 13.68 at 98 whch is a little better than stock it has a 93 chip electric fan the boost is high though i think it runs 18 psi and has a slightly bigger cam in it. i hope to bring it to the buick nationals either this year or next year one. when are they this year anyway.

also when you are driving it it runs great up to bout half throttle then after that it acts like your driving a 4 cylinder it acts like it misses but it has new plugs in it and all and msd ignition wires and the coil pack is new what do you think could be doin that.

Fuel pump is weak/dying? DON'T RUN IT HARD UNTIL YOU ARE SURE THE FUEL SYSTEM IS PERFORMING PROPERLY... otherwise you will be soon be posting a sob story about blown head gaskets...

read here and ABSOLUTELY VERIFY steps 1 and 2.... trust me!!! :wink:

Fuel System Check Up

Do you have a scan tool? If not, buy one NOW!!!

Also, you have A LOT of reading/learning to do.... start here, and read all the 'tech info' in the pull down menu:

Turbo Buick Technical Articles and Resources (Technical Archives)

and here:

Vortex Buicks

READ, READ, READ... ask questions FIRST, and don't run the car hard until you are SURE everything is in order....

Welome to the Darkside...:cool:

okay the fuel pump is new to i replaced it bout a year ago its a high flow delphi the fuel filter has not been changed though wheres the best place to get a scan tool could the wastegate make it overheat if its not workin right thanks for the technical articles il get on and read more bout it the spark plugs are new aswell and wires and it has great fuel pressure i checked it friday when i was cleanin it up a lil whos the best parts place to get parts from.

sincerely.
85gn turbo