Overheating - Newb

ThebigbadWolF

Hello,

had a few questions relating to temperature on my GN. First off I have a 87 GN.

I had an issue with the water pump, and replaced it. While replacing the WP, I slapped a bunch of go fast parts on. New downpipe, new headers, new cross pipe, and rebuilt the turbo. I think a peace of the old manifold broke off and went through the hot side chewed up the hot side turbine. The last owner decide to weld the manifold while it was attached to the car and just was a shit job.

So I took her for a test drive, and the temperature got up to 225, I have a RJC FMIC witch I told was so dense I wouldn't notice a difference in temperature .

Is 225 normal? I live in cali so outside temps was about 85-90 that day.
Do I need to bleed the system?
Ill pull of the stat this weekend and boil it and see if it pops

any other advice would be great.

thanks
Wolf

225 is not good.

Once you put a front mount in the car overheating becomes an issue more so in the summer. In the winter its not so noticable.

Whomever told you that a front mount wont cause cooling issues lied. The stock radiator and fan cant get enough air through it keep the motor cool.

You can get a better radiator than the stock set up. Alradco makes a nice unit and they do have a very good dual fan set up. Together your cooling problems are solved. Its not cheap but you will only do it once buying their stuff and it is done.

I have installed four radiators and fan kits on cars with front mount intercoolers and they don't get hot on SoCal heat and traffic.