Oval Conduit Clips

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
Am I missing something for the front most oval conduit clip?
There is no way to make this work.
d7bddf72bab12b1972c7d75ac8ff366a.jpg

f1a6a6e2defa8ba53826aa282c91ed38.jpg

The bottom tab on the clip doesn't fit in the slot with the prong. What is that prong for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn! I just spent an hr trying to figure out the same thing!!:facepalm:
Hope you get an answer...:D

There are 2 of those clips. It looks like the 1 closer to the middle of the shield is missing. {It hooks into that square hole}.
W/ the lines in the pic, we can't see how the clip in question, is attached.
That metal brket is in the correct place on the OP's post, as there's a clamp ring that goes on the AC dryer, and fastens to the tab on the top of the brkt we are talking about.

Am I missing something for the front most oval conduit clip?
There is no way to make this work.
d7bddf72bab12b1972c7d75ac8ff366a.jpg

f1a6a6e2defa8ba53826aa282c91ed38.jpg

The bottom tab on the clip doesn't fit in the slot with the prong. What is that prong for?

Guess we keep on guessing til someone w/ an original install comes to our rescue!

OK... Where might it go??
That's where it was on my car, when I took it off.

I discovered the same issue when I replaced both clips and the oval conduit. I just put it in the same place as the old one...doesn't really fit like the other clip located closer to the engine. In fact, that clip is rotated 180 degrees...:confused: Shouldn't they both be orientated the same?(n) Either way I just made it work!

First two photos are the old stuff. Third is the new:D

Attachments

• IMG_1178.JPG
    IMG_1178.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    957.8 KB · Views: 145
My outer clip is also inverted. I just looked at an 86 T. It has the clip inverted, and with the way the conduit comes up at an angle, the 86 had only the 1 screw in it. No lower fastener.
Mine's going back that way...It'll last longer than I will, anyway!:rolleyes::smuggrin:

I'm with you. I might cut the tab of the back so it sits flush on bracket.

They go in opposite directions the one on the drivers side goes with the screw hole up. THere should be a square hole and a screw hole in the heat shield right behind the ac evaporator for the first one. The second one goes screw hole down near the PS valve cover.

Here's a photo.

They go in opposite directions the one on the drivers side goes with the screw hole up. THere should be a square hole and a screw hole in the heat shield right behind the ac evaporator for the first one. The second one goes screw hole down near the PS valve cover.

Here's a photo.

Correct but the question remains.
How is the bottom of the clip Attached to the A/C receiver dryer bracket,

Correct but the question remains.
How is the bottom of the clip Attached to the A/C receiver dryer bracket,

At the bottom of the bracket there should be a metal tab that's punched out and up. The lip on the bottom of the bracked slides over it. Doesn't fit well because when I went out to check my car it had come loose. :(