Outside Door Sill Weatherstripping

p&d

I bought some outside door sill weatherstripping from Kirbans and decided to try and put one in I noticed that one of the holes did not match up so I checked the original one and it had been drill to fit??? Any way The side that fits on the outside part of the door has an upper seal and then there is a lower seal. Im I suppose to bend that down to fit inside the door or just place it on the edge of the door??? I hope I didn't confuse anyone. Any help will be appreciated....I will also be replacing the roof rail seals. Are there any things I sould be aware of?????

Thanks

I am going through the same deal with a Regal I am about to get painted...I haven't recieved my door belts yet, but hopefully they are on there way!
When I took the roofrail weatherstrip off there was a lot of adhesive left, along with some ripped scraps of weatherstripping. It's a pain in the azz to remove it, and force is only giong to scratch the paint.If I were you I would use caution when attempting to clean it up, cuz' some chemicals will hurt the paint. I used Prep-All Wax and Grease Remover, but I was not worried about the paint since it was being repainted anyway. I don't think this, or similar products, will hurt your paint, but I am NOT sure so ask someone who does this kind of work before you ruin your paint job with a chemical. Also if you do scratch the paint, I would touch it up with some kind of paint, even if it is under the weatherstrip, so it doesn't start a rust spot, then turn into rot years down the road.

got the outside seals on and yes when you take the old ones out match them up you will have to drill at least one hole on the drivers side door seal. It took a small wrench and a phillps bit to get two screws out. Take your time and you will not have to take the window out. If you need any help just drop an email paulanddonna@leaco.net.

Anybody know where to get the hood weatherstripping? Also looking to replace all the trim at the base of the front windshield/wiper motor area.

TIA