Outlook email experts - need some help

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Need to know how to check email on my home account from the day job. I used to be able to check it from here using Yahoo but we now have a new server that blocks the use of any email programs except for Outlook on the computer.

I tried adding a new account on Outlook using my home email settings and it worked but then the work one will not. How can I have my cake and eat it too??:confused:

Mark,
I use mail2web . com. You need to know your password or it won't work. I have had good luck with it.

Need to know how to check email on my home account from the day job. I used to be able to check it from here using Yahoo but we now have a new server that blocks the use of any email programs except for Outlook on the computer.

I tried adding a new account on Outlook using my home email settings and it worked but then the work one will not. How can I have my cake and eat it too??:confused:

Your IT folk are trying to tell you something..................:biggrin:

Talk very nice to them and maybe they might give you an option.

Already figured it out. They can snoop on me all they want. Looks like our building will be shutting down in the near future. Might be time to start selling Buick stuff full time or join the guys on the street corners with their cardboard signs and their hands out.:rolleyes:

Jay has to help me with mine;)

Which is your "main" address?

secure I.T.

It's on lockdown where I work. Can't view hardly anything. Only have outlook at work. Can't go to google then check your gmail. I.T. monitors all incoming and outgoing messages. Sorry to hear your yob is being stolen by another illegal immigrant :mad:

On Outlook you can add another account, you then fill in the info about that account and then should be good to go from what I can tell. Then you can send mail from either account right from outlook. Tried doing a forward deal from home to my work email address but ended up not getting those same emails at home so tried it from the other end and seems to be working.

This is pretty much what I did............ http://quintagroup.com/services/support/tutorials/email-account/outlook

Checking on email should not be a big deal where I work, think they need to address the staff that goes outside to smoke every half hour and then need to stay on overtime to finish their work. (nurses!) Actually amazing how many nurses smoke when they see the end result of what it does to so many of thier patients!:rolleyes:

After 21 years at this place if they are going to try and get rid of me now with the building closing down I should have a good case against them. :mad:

Things are still up in the air on what is going to happen. Was at Superior court hearing on Tuesday about the whole mess and we got a 30 day stay of execution. If you don't know, my day job is being a Director of Maintenance at a nursing home. The Buick deal is a part time job but like to keep tabs on things so I know what to expect when I get there.

Things in CT sort of sucks right now for this industry as we get a lot of reimbursement from the state and for most of the patients they don't give us enough to take care of them on budget so the losses start to pile up. Our latest management company bailed on us back in January and if we don't get a new one soon we are closing down.

Being there 21 years I have seen a lot of upper management barely managing. CEO's taking federal funds to buy yachts, apartment complexes and starting a country music studio in Nashville TN with funds that should have been used to pay bills. Google Travis Tritt and you should find the story.

The building is in great shape and in the past 2 years we have put in all new furniture, paved the parking lot, all new equipment in the dietary dept, new IT system, security camera system , phone system and more.

Our new governor thinks families should keep their loved ones at home instead of putting them in a nursing home BUT our place is in an urban area where that scenario is rare to see. Most of our folks don't have families or they don't WANT to take care of them so that is where we come in. We are now under what is called receivership and the receiver is appointed by the state to run us until a buyer can be found. Well this person says we should be closed along with 3 other facilities that used to be owned by the crooked CEO. The management company that took over after him couldn't cut it. Way too many vice presidents of vice presidents. Needed to take care of basics but didn't.

Our future existance depends on whether a buyer/management company is found for a nearby competitor who would be taking the folks at our place. Funny thing is they filed for bankruptcy in February!! Supposedly a sale is imminent and if it goes thru we are dead meat. I would be more than likely the person who would be turning out the lights when all is said and done so should have a few months more of employment as it is a slow process to shut down a nursing home in this state.

So, my job is not being taken by an illegal immigrant or an overseas company, just poor upper management with people being paid way too much for what little they know. Oh yeah, crooked CEO should just about be getting out of jail for his slap on the wrist sentence for what he did. One year and a day, what we call the John Rowland sentence. That was what our former CT governor got for taking deals to get his house worked on by state contractors.

Not bad though, go to jail for a year and still get to enjoy the millions you hid away. Hmmm, guess I sound a little bitter.

yobs

You have a right to be bitter. Whether it's illegal mexicant's or greedy rich ceo's doesn't make it right. Greed brought down many of societies and ours won't be any different. Sorry to hear and sorry that politicians ruin so much in our country. Hope you get to keep your job or at least find something else if the TR thing don't work out for long term.

You have a right to be bitter. Whether it's illegal mexicant's or greedy rich ceo's doesn't make it right. Greed brought down many of societies and ours won't be any different. Sorry to hear and sorry that politicians ruin so much in our country. Hope you get to keep your job or at least find something else if the TR thing don't work out for long term.

TR thing has worked for over 10 years now. Hell, maybe I will just expand and actually put in a phone for the business.:)