Out of business for awhile...

That blows...but I like to keep my "Glass half full"......just think abut the future upgrades and improved killing you and one the gn are gonna aquire...

Say....say it isn't so, Chicken. Don't you realize that I live vicariously through you? Without your tales of domination what do us normal folk have to look forward to? What am I supposed to do now? I feel like listening to Morrisey in the dark right now eating wet cigarette butts :(

No man, in all seriousness, that blows. Hope the block is not totally seized. Hate to see the champ go down. Then again...a stage II.....hmmmm :)

Nah....a Stage motor is entirely too rich for my blood.
I'm happy sweeping streets with a low 11 machine than is 10's capable....
;-)

A couple weeks ago, I spotted the little jerk Evo that made me break my crank back in November....soon....very soon....I'm gonna CRUSH IT!!!!
bwooohahahahhaaaaaa.....BWOOOHHAHAHHAAAHHAAA...BWWWOOOOOOOOHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA.....
IMG01835-20120508-1742.jpg

Picked up my transmission yesterday.
Just waiting for the coated pistons and rods to make their way back to Lou's shop and then the assembly can begin....within a few weeks...another 10 second GN will be born....

cool. can't wait to get my camaro project finished up. i will be in the market for a stage car...

Damn U....fine I will try to break my engine as well and have an excuse to build a stroker....

cool. can't wait to get my camaro project finished up. i will be in the market for a stage car...

Good luck on the Stage dream...too rich for my blood....those things are expensive to build and if they break....good lawdy....:eek:

He has a Chinese crank and will manage to break it again.. right chicken!!! ;)

Well...they're all Chineses these days...:D
I'll be able to go faster on an even more conservative tune than before, so I'm confident in the reliability of Lou's build.....but you know what they say....aint nothing made in heaven....

Honestly tho' I do business with Chinese suppliers of cast, forged and machined parts on a daily basis. My job is in Supplier Quality and Component Engineering...so I'm intimately familiar with the Chinese capabilities and Quality performance. They've come a long way in the last 10 years and many of them are used widly by the global automotive industry. You do need to keep an eye on them for sure...and while the Chinese parts still are not as good as Made in the USA....they are getting pretty good. Their process and equipment is state of the art...where they still need development is in experience and the quality mind set.

If it was a Chinese cast crank...I'd be worried (porosity and inclusions inherent to casting cannot be seen until after the damage is done). But these are forged and machined from billet steel....so as long as they are controlling the tolerances (which Lou and his world class Machinist check meticulously)....I'm very confident in this cranks durability. The rest is up to me and my tune. If you look at the bearing surfaces and rings from my broke motor...they're all in real good shape...I tune conservatively and I listen to the expert advise I'm given from guys like Lou and Spoolfool2....
I'll be OK.:D