Ouch!!!

BLACK Ttype

Getting Respectable!
How much do you guys think an insurance company will give me if they totall out my car. (see signature):(

Some ***hole rear ended me today and pushed me into oncoming traffic.:mad:
----------------------
Rear end hit by Dodge Neon at 50:(
Front end hit by oncoming Ford Ranger at 25 :(
:mad:

So how do I talk them into giving me the actual repair or replacement value.
I really don't want there to be one less turbo buick in the world!

As bad as it looks at first, I bet it's not actually that bad. How's the frame and axle on the side that got hit? In my experience insurance companies love to total out cars and pay you way less than bluebook.

My dad's Celica got hit by a truck doing about 3 mph. It broke the plastic grill and poked out one of the headlights (trailor tongue). They said it was totaled and wanted to take the car and give us $400. My dad fought it and got the $400 and a salvage title. He spent about $20 in the junkyard and had the grill painted for $80. They're crooks, every one of them.

Not sure if you folks know this or not but Grundy insurses our cars at stated value for about 1/2 of what a yearly policy would charge. I have both our cars insured through them (the show cars mind you) and it seems well worth it. There are no state deductibles and it's based on stated value. Just a thought for getting out of your car what you have into it if anything like this happens.

nooooooooooo

dude that sucks

ins co will try to screw you so get all your paperwork, classifieds, etc, ebay auctions, whatever it takes.

print all that out and prove the worth.

do not cash any checks till youre satisfied.

If I'm not wrong U can, if they try to lowball you........make them produce/find a replacement car of equal value/condition.

Protect yourself guys

Get your car appraised !

If you have an appraisal from an accredited company the insurance clowns cant put the screws to ya....

Well they totalled it!

They totalled the car.
Fought for 2 hours.
Got them to cough up $4,400
and I keep the car.

Somehow I feel like I'm still getting SCREWED!!

The whole situation sucks, but I dont know. $4400 and you keep the car? For a 84/85? You may wind up coming out better than before if you be smart about it. Thats more than I would have expected.
My insurance company was telling me that my car would only yield around $2000-2500 ! I will get it appraised as soon as I get it painted. My brother's '87 T appraised for over $13,000 (not expecting that much for my '84, but heck....$2000-$2500!).

Seriously, For $4400 you should be able to find a very nice 84-85. Heck Ive seen some rather decent 86-87s around that price range. Or, considering that good bodywork/paint is expensive and if the body damage on your car is pretty bad (i.e. 1/4 panel(s), etc.), if your drivetrain is cool and you like having a hotair car then find a car that needs a drivetrain. I bought my Ttype less the blown motor, and installed a motor that came out of a wrecked GN. If you went this route you could have quite a bit of extra loot for mods or what ever. Plus youve got your old car for a parts car (Im sure your interior and just about everything else is good).

Just my $.02, good luck!

sorry

Hey, sorry for your loss.
as for the insurance: Best you can do is get every single recipt you can dig up and provide them to the company in order to get max payout. Did you have collision insurance? The only way you'd get blue book is if the car had an appraiser look at it before the accident, and document the value. Insurance will try and nickle and dime you the whole time, until they get ya under 5000. Get recipts, and as many other identical buicks with selling prices on e-bay, carfaqs, and local papers if you can, and the insurance co will decide from there on....Let me know how it goes...Hope you are ok, and good luck.

John