other use for wastegate solenoid valve?

pure_boost

I'm working on a senior project and need some sort of valve to control small amounts of alcohol. The alcohol will be gravity fed and each reservoir will have less than 1/2 gallon capacity. I was just wondering if the solenoid valve on the TR's is air only use or if it would hold up to alcohol running through it. The alcohol is the type that can be "safely" consumed.;) So far, I've found other solenoid valves, but the cheapest was approximately $40 each and we need 5 of them. Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated.

If you used color water instead of alky. it may work until it corrodes out.

Stock wastegate solenoid was designed for air. Coil MAY emit a spark when activated who knows?

With real alky. in there it could be a problem. Maybe a bunch of good alky. designed NOS nozzles if you have an unlimited budget. :D

If not you could take your chances and it would probably work.

I'd go with the fake alky. and maybe drop some cheap whiskey in there for some smell.

Keep the bystanders from drinking it too. ;)

salvageV6, thanks for the reply. I imagine we will probably have to use the fake alky at least for demonstration purposes. I doubt the faculty will be doing any taste tests. It's probably a good thing you mentioned about the coil sparking because I hadn't thought of that yet.