Other hobbies make for GN neglect...

Sounds Really Good

great job dude! :smile: , you got a very good voice. nice job brendan, well my only other hobby is Target shooting, i've spent over $3500 in weapons
but my gn is pretty much completed. my bud got married so i lost my dive partner:biggrin: , that along with work and school.

nothing like making an album:cool: , thats awesome, I hope it does good it sure sounds relaxing, very well done dude.

So the past few years, I have been working on finishing my first full length album. It's finally done now, so hopefully my GN will get some more quality time soon.

CD Baby: PINK HUMPY: Your Diamond Ring and My Guitar
Soulful indie rock album

What are your hobbies that make you neglect the GN from time to time?

Brendan

I hear some Savoy Brown in that (Insomniac Special)

You ever hear of Christophe Godin?
MySpace.com - Christophe Godin - Annecy - Rock / Funk / Jazz - www.myspace.com/christophegodin

Cycling mostly

bike.jpg

RC planes...

Those are enough to keep me too occupied in addition to the car.

with a full-time career, two young children and a wife that works a crazy schedule, I don't have much time for ANY hobbies including my Buick, however......

once in a blue moon I mess around with:

- firearms, all kinds, shapes and sizes and purposes. I like black powder the most, but don't have much time for any of it these days.
- RC airplanes
- model rockets
- bicycles
- video games
- music: lot's of cd's and I'm about to start converting all my old vinyl to CD.
- computers: I like to tinker, or at least I used to before I had kids ;)
- camping
- hunting
- fishing
- die cast car collecting
- reading and posting on Buick forums :p :p :p

And, as if I didn't have enough interests, I've got a brand new acoustic guitar that has been sitting in the case for nearly two years that I fully plan to learn how to play one of these days.

Oh! and how could I forget!!!.....a while back one of my buddies introduced me to rock crawling in a Jeep so.....I've had the itch to buy a Jeep for a while now too.

Geeeeze! no wonder I'm broke all the time. :eek: :rolleyes:

truth is, I don't have time or money for much of any of that stuff anymore. Most of the time I consider myself lucky to be able to play with my kids. The other stuff can wait.

Rob

Along with my normal 40-45 hour work weeks and drill with the Guard once each month, I added about 12 hours of school per week in January. Despite having the parts to put the Buick on the road how I want it, I have hardly touched it. :frown:

None of my hobbies are successful at taking any attention/money away from my GN for very long. I listen to music all day long, play guitar (but haven't picked it up in a long time), photoshop, outdoors (winter needs to END), and working out (again... haven't done that for a while).

Used to be my gas rc car and quad.. But with 2 kids and a nagging wife i have to pick only one right now and thats the GN

As a hobby, in the winter I carve and paint waterfowl decoys. Paul

Attachments

• DECOYS.jpg
    DECOYS.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 212
Savoy Brown, that is a name you do not here often, what a great band and great music. them and early Fleetwood Mac. Got all there albums, cassettes,
and now CD's as well. Riding my motor cycle with my wife who also rides,
got into freakin video games with the play station, the games can be addicting, target shooting with the wifey and just plain ole relaxing in front of
the boob.

Ron

Savoy Brown, that is a name you do not here often, what a great band and great music. them and early Fleetwood Mac. Got all there albums, cassettes,
and now CD's as well. Riding my motor cycle with my wife who also rides,
got into freakin video games with the play station, the games can be addicting, target shooting with the wifey and just plain ole relaxing in front of
the boob.

Ron

oh yeah the "Green Manalishi" with the two prong crown

Or how bout some of the Savoy Brown Raw Sienna or maybe some hellbound train..yikes!

Fishing, golfing, golf club building/repair,video games, music, picture slide shows, beer, cooking, discussion boards, waiting for all this snow in the midwest to melt.

raising 2 sons, one 17 months old the other 3 months old and trying to avoid gaining an obscene amount of weight over the winter.

1) My schoolwork.

2) Paintball. Pretty active with WSU's paintball club. Check out this new video I made with a camera I mounted to my barrel.

YouTube - Ion Barrel Cam

P.s. Hearing about the y'alls families and the drag they 'cause, along with the stress of my own family I grew up with.... Its kinda turned me off, I do not like nagging at this point in my life. But I'm 21 and maybe I'll change?

I used to fish tournaments every year for a while, now i am into record collecting (50s rockabilly etc)and vintage stereo (Sansui).
Sold the boat a few years back (Lund Baron) but may get back into that.
I am currently on a stage II build, hopefully it will be done soon!

me and the wife work opposite shifts, so when she's not here my hands are full with the kid, housework, stupid cat, etc. Motivation is another issue:rolleyes: , tinkin on the firebird to at least get it in full DD mode, workin on other peoples junk, weekend is usually spent with the wife and kid or we go out drinkin with our friends. That's why my car is still bolted together.

Mostly mountain biking, rock climbing, and volunteer fire fighting have been taking up most of my time lately. Oh an I help teach fire fighter during the summer about 2 and a half hours south of my house so the daily has been getting some serious miles lately lol